Author Topic: "The database engine could not be opened. Reinstall Mitel System Administration"  (Read 7646 times)

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
Hi,

Monday morning, i attempted to open up a programming session as always, and received the following message (attached is a snip of the message):

"The database engine could not be opened. Reinstall Mitel System Administration & Diagnostics. If this problem persists, contact Technical Support"

No changes were made to the system prior to receiving this message. I tried reinstalling the software but receive the same message, even during installation. I installed the software on another computer using the same install file, and it works just fine, so obviously the issue is just with my laptop. Any ideas how i can fix this?

Thank you!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
xxovermetalxx,

Have you tried uninstalling the SAaD program, not database programming, and then reinstalling it or just doing a reinstall over the existing one?

Thanks,

TE

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
You need to reinstall Microsft Access 2010 Database engine. Reinstalling SysAd will not fix it. Or try a repair on the existing Microsoft Access Database a Engine install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
mitelengineerUK, i ran the repair on the Microsoft Access Database Engine and the problem has been resolved.

Thank you both for your answers!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10