Author Topic: One user cannot check VM from any extension other than his  (Read 1752 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
One user cannot check VM from any extension other than his
« on: July 13, 2015, 11:31:31 AM »
Hi there folks,
I've never seen this before-
I have one user, extension 285, voicemail box 285, that cannot check voicemail form any other extension other than 285. We tried calling from two mitel phones within the network, as well as calling his DID with a cell phone.

We hear the greeting as expected, but when we push * (star), NuPoint just ignores it. I tried my own VM box from that same phone, and it works just fine.

I changed his passcode, but that didn't help.

I'm pretty sure we both have the exact same COS settings in NuPoint. Not sure where else to look. It's odd that his is the only one that does this (that I'm aware of).

FYI we're running MiCollab with a NuPoint blade installed.

Thanks in advance,
-dg

Offline dg

• View Profile
Re: One user cannot check VM from any extension other than his
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 11:42:07 AM »
My apologies -
I scanned through the forum and found that having an extended absence greeting causes that to occur.
Does anyone know the COS bit to flip to enable checking while on extended absence? We certainly would want people to be able to check while away.

Thanks,
-dg

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 04:18:08 PM »
You would think there would be a fcos bit to allow people to log into their mailbox when extended absence is enabled but sadly there is not.  The manual states that you should create a "backdoor" number that goes directly to the message center or a call director that can allow remote users to access their mailbox while their extended absence greeting is enabled.

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 09:50:50 AM »
Hi -
One more thing to add to this. I haven't been able to find a FCOS bit to allow this, but what I did find is that, if one can get into the message center, then you can use *[mbox-number] and it'll immediately ask for the password, rather than going to the greeting.

The drawback to this, of course, is that if you actually call the box (say, from a cell phone using a DID, for example) then you still can't "star out" to get to the message center. You have to either have a DID for the message center itself, or call and have someone transfer you to it.

-dg

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10