Author Topic: Cannot create mailbox on existing phone  (Read 4769 times)

Offline ceott

• View Profile
Cannot create mailbox on existing phone
« on: July 10, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »
I have inherited a Mitel 5000 on one of my sites and basically stubbling my way through it. 
I have an issue with a phone that needs a voicemail account added to it.  My main confusion is adding a mailbox account for a digital phone.  I go to mailboxes and activated create associated mailbox.  The extension doesn't show up as an option under any of the types.  I looked at the station build and there is nothing on there regarding allow voicemaill.  I attempted to rename the extension of a mailbox not in use to be the same as the extension I need but that complains there is a duplicate.  What am I missing?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot create mailbox on existing phone
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 09:52:57 AM »
ceott,

That is because there is an Extension ID of that phone already so that the VM knows it exists. If you go to Extension IDs instead of Mailboxes and delete the Extension ID it will then allow you to create an Associated Mailbox.

Of course you will still need to create a forwarding path for the phone so it know when to go to its mailbox, but looking at a phone that already has it should allow you do that pretty easily; if not just let us know. You can also do a Copy/Paste from one phone to another, just uncheck everything but System Forwarding and then hit ok and only the system forwarding path will be copied over.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ceott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »
Thank you for the fast response.  So removing from Extensions Lists will not kill the phone?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 10:46:26 AM »
Ceot,

I didn't write Extension Lists I wrote Extension ID. Here go to this location so I know you are deleting an extension list.

Voice Processor > Devices > Extension IDs: Find your extension and hit the delete button. This will remove the Extension ID from the system and the extension will not longer be able to be dialed from the Voice Processor; eg from the Auto Attendant.

Next go to Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes: Find an open spot on the right-hand side of the screen and right-click to create an associated mailbox of the extension you want to have a mailbox.

After that you will need want to create a forwarding path on that extension so that it will send calls to the mailbox.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10