Author Topic: some Mitel programming help needed  (Read 1938 times)

Offline pgartner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
some Mitel programming help needed
« on: July 08, 2015, 04:30:30 PM »
I have 2 programming requests that a client asked me that I cannot figure out how to make them work.

1)   When the system is in night mode they want certain options on the CRA to fall to a hunt group that rings a digital phone extension list. When they leave for the day they forward their extension to the stand by person (or persons) those standby people forward their extension to their cell phones.
When I tried this the calls to the hung group ring the desk phones but do not follow the forwarding the put in place. If I send the CRA option to an extension it follow the forwarding path as expected

2)   When an outside caller, or a person in another department calls or transfers a call to an agents extension, if the call is unanswered in X seconds they want the call routed to their hunt group. I thought I something with system forwarding paths on the extension might work. I was not able to make it work

The next question is how would #2 work with #1?
Any clever ideas?

-Paul

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: some Mitel programming help needed
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 05:59:29 AM »
pgartner,

Quote from: pgartner
1)   When the system is in night mode they want certain options on the CRA to fall to a hunt group that rings a digital phone extension list. When they leave for the day they forward their extension to the stand by person (or persons) those standby people forward their extension to their cell phones.
When I tried this the calls to the hung group ring the desk phones but do not follow the forwarding the put in place. If I send the CRA option to an extension it follow the forwarding path as expected

When the system goes into Night Mode do you change to a different CRA that goes where they want it to; if not try that. Also you could use a poor man's day\night mode trick with phantoms that they would control. Without knowing what changes currently when they switch from Day to Night it is hard to answer your questions with any certainty. As for its current reaction to what you are trying to do it is working as expected since the HG controls the call and it is alerting the phone that there is a call and therefore there is nothing to forward out.

2)   When an outside caller, or a person in another department calls or transfers a call to an agents extension, if the call is unanswered in X seconds they want the call routed to their hunt group. I thought I something with system forwarding paths on the extension might work. I was not able to make it work

Alright, what happens to the call currently? Does it recall back to the original person that transferred the call; if someone did transfer it? For those that ring them directly does it got to voicemail or the primary attendant? Basically, we need to know what it is doing so we have a better idea of what timers are being used to handle the call flow for each scenario you are trying to cover.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pgartner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 04:58:43 PM »
I feel bad, I completely forgot to comeback to this forum and got side tracked with other issue. Sorry

1)   When the system is in night mode they want certain options on the CRA to fall to a hunt group that rings a digital phone extension list. When they leave for the day they forward their extension to the stand by person (or persons) those standby people forward their extension to their cell phones.

When the system goes into Night Mode do you change to a different CRA that goes where they want it to; if not try that. Also you could use a poor man's day\night mode trick with phantoms that they would control. Without knowing what changes currently when they switch from Day to Night it is hard to answer your questions with any certainty. As for its current reaction to what you are trying to do it is working as expected since the HG controls the call and it is alerting the phone that there is a call and therefore there is nothing to forward out.

The call flow is from CRT --> STAR – where there is a line that look for night mode and sends it to a CRA called nightmode
The default for the STAR is to send it to a CRA for play an audiotex then sends the call to a huntgroup
The nightmode CRA plays an audiotex and gives them a menu choice. One of those choice is to send the call to another hunt group. It is this hunt group that they want to forward to the supervisor

2)   When an outside caller, or a person in another department calls or transfers a call to an agents extension, if the call is unanswered in X seconds they want the call routed to their hunt group. I thought I something with system forwarding paths on the extension might work. I was not able to make it work

Alright, what happens to the call currently? Does it recall back to the original person that transferred the call; if someone did transfer it? For those that ring them directly does it got to voicemail or the primary attendant? Basically, we need to know what it is doing so we have a better idea of what timers are being used to handle the call flow for each scenario you are trying to cover.

From what they tell me the call rings the desk and then falls to voicemail. I have to test it out to give you a better answer.

Thanks

Paul

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 06:06:17 PM »
The nightmode CRA plays an audiotex and gives them a menu choice. One of those choice is to send the call to another hunt group. It is this hunt group that they want to forward to the supervisor

There are two really simple solutions for this and either one will work for you, but you need to determine how best it will work with your processes as well as how capable the users are.

First off you could send the call directly to an extension instead of the Hunt Group if there is no need for it to ever go to the Hunt Group from now on. Once the calls are directed to the station then all you need to do is Forward that station to wherever you want it to go; problem solved.

The second one is also simple but will require a little bit of programming to prepare for it. It will work in the same manner, but it allows you to dirvert the call without sending it directly to someones phone.

We will be using the poor mans day/night mode functionality; that is to say we will be using a phantom extension to divert calls based on the forwarding condition. In this scenario we already know that it is night mode so we don't really need it for that, but we do need it to be able to manually direct the call where we want it to go.

Create a phantom and name it whatever makes sense to you about diverting calls for this purpose.

Once you created it then go into it and remove the password from it so we don't need it for the remote programming portion later on.

Now, we will create two personal speed dial buttons on someones phone. The first on we will create uses the remote programming feature [default: 395] to send it to someones cell/home/extension/wherever. So if the person I want to send the call to is at extension 153 it would look something like this. [395{phantoms ext}#355153]. This statement is telling you to remote program [395] the phantom extension, with no password
  • to forward all calls [355] to extension 153. The way I handle this for sending it to multiple cell phones is the following. 395{phantom ext}#3558 which tell the phantom to send all calls to an outside number and waits for you to put in the number before it finishes forwarding the extension. If you have just one cell phone, such as one that is pasted to the person on call, then it will need to be a 7-digit call for this to work as you will run out of digits for the speed dial.

The second button is to send the calls to the Hunt Group that they are currently going to in case you want it to follow that route when no one is taking calls off site.

In part two do they ever want calls to go to the agents voicemail, and it what conditions do they want that to happen? If they don't then just change the agents system forwarding path from Voice Mail to their Hunt Group. If they only want certain calls then you may need to work with the System Forwarding function based on call type, but remember you can only have three system forwarding paths. The two you will want to change, most likely, will be the CO Transfer/AA/VM and IC Calls call types as it will forward any outside calls that were transferred to the station regardless of where it came from. That would leave all other call types, basically Direct Rings only, to voice mail. Just make sure that you set all other System Forwarding Paths to say No to the CO Transfer/AA/VM and IC Calls. Just keep in mind also that neither of those calls types will ever, and I mean never, go to voicemail for that extension.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10