Author Topic: Outgoing calls do not have hold music  (Read 2056 times)

Offline MuddauberE

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Outgoing calls do not have hold music
« on: June 30, 2015, 04:22:27 PM »
I have a Mitel 5000 system and I have rules setup for incoming calls apparently to follow certain rules in regards to hold music and timing on those hold options. However, I find there must be a different set of rules for outbound calls. When an outbound call is made, there is  no hold music and after a certain time period, the call is transferred back to the front desk.

Does anyone know where the outgoing calls music on hold and timer settings are?
thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Outgoing calls do not have hold music
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:17:55 AM »
MuddauberE,

I know this sounds like the simple answer, but start at the Outgoing Extension of a phone that you know is not working. Then follow that to the first CO Trunk Group that they would access; this may take you through ARS programming. Once you find that CO Trunk Group look at what you have set for Music On Hold.

If it is set for Next Devices Audio then it would be the extensions MoH settings. The only other thing that overrides the CO Trunk Group is MoH Profiles, but that is most likely not your issue. My guess is that you have nothing in the CO Trunk Groups MoH setting.

Thanks,

TE

Offline MuddauberE

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 10:01:55 AM »
Thank you Tech,
I wasn't sure what you wanted me to try clicking on from the users phone settings, but I knew where the CO trunk groups were. They are located in the programming under system\devices and feature codes\CO Trunk Groups. I had 4 trunk groups where only 2 were being used. Under one of the groups there is a Music On Hold setting that was set to silent. After changing this on both trunk groups, I had music. Thanks for pointing that out.

Now, do you know where the timer settings are so that after 120 seconds, it doesn't ring back to the front desk? Under system, there is a timers and limits item that has hold and hold alternate setting. I changed hold alternate to 0 and it still rings back to the front desk on all calls.
Thank you for your time

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:07:10 AM »
MaddauberE,

Um, that would be the Recall Timer not the Hold Timer.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10