Author Topic: Mitel 3300 - Decommission PRIs  (Read 4747 times)

Offline orion3311

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 - Decommission PRIs
« on: June 30, 2015, 03:46:07 PM »
Hello Mitel peeps! We had two PRIs connected to the PRI ports on the main 3300 unit (Mxe), and those are in the process of being disconnected (all SIP now!). Is there a workflow or process for decommissioning the PRIs on the system so that the trunk alarms shut up? Is it as simple as doing the maint commands to disable the ports or should settings be changed/deleted?

TIA!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 - Decommission PRIs
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 04:07:36 PM »
Delete the routes pointing to the trunk group.
Delete the trunk groups.
Delete the trunks.
Remove the Digital Link Assignment.

Ralph

Offline orion3311

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 04:54:47 PM »
Thank you!

Offline orion3311

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 03:49:04 PM »
Just as a follow up to this - I'm finally getting around this (yeah I know) as the PRIs were finally shut down. When our SIP trunks went live, I updated the ARS digits dialed screen so that all legit calls point to the SIP trunk. Now when I go to delete the ARS routes pointing to the PRI trunk group, it mentions that the route is used in a route list.

(As a side, I also discovered that we had a trunk group set up for loops-start/pots trunks) - Trunk group #1

In looking at the route list - it appears list #1 was set to use PRI first then use POTS if that falls through, however in ARS digits dialed, there's absolutely nothing pointing to that list - so it safe to delete that list as well?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 04:04:07 PM »
Yes.  If nothing points to it you can feel free to delete it.

Ralph

Offline orion3311

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 04:36:34 PM »
Ok, got it all done (took backup of entire system first, as well as exported configs for everything I deleted incase its ever needed again).

Now I'm still getting alarms - specifically its saying there's 8 trunks and 50% (4) are unavailable. At this point, I dig through all the trunk screens and everything is cleared except for the 4 analogs (which I understand is what's triggering the alarm), but where's the other 4 coming from? We have one SIP peer profile configured.

Offline orion3311

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 04:40:44 PM »
Im also getting DSU MSG LINK alarm as well - do I have to delete the T1 interface, or disable them somehow?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 05:46:45 PM »
You will have to delete them from digital trunks before you can turn off the t1 module.

You have got the routes done, trunk group, trunk, network sync will have values. You may need to man busy the trunks to be able to delete them

Offline orion3311

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 02:02:00 PM »
You will have to delete them from digital trunks before you can turn off the t1 module.

You have got the routes done, trunk group, trunk, network sync will have values. You may need to man busy the trunks to be able to delete them

Deleted the trunks themselves, cleaned them out of the trunk groups, deleted network sync records, and now deleted the two ports under digital links, and I think that got rid of the DSU alarm. Still showing 8 trunks and I'm trying to figure out where its getting 8 from.

I see 6 ONS ports, 4 of which are configured (and unused). I have one sip peer profile configured (total 5 trunks).

Offline orion3311

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »
Found a "1 Port E&M Trunk" @ Trunk 25. Assuming this is needed for internal purposes?

Added all up I guess that amounts to 8 - 4 ONS, 1 SIP, 2 PRI and 1 E&M. I'm thinking the switch just needs a reboot.

Offline orion3311

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »
Back on this again...tied up loose ends with my sip redundancy today and really want to get this damn error to go away. I went into trunk group 1 (analog ports) and deleted all but one member - it won't let me delete the last. In doing some research I poked around and made sure any ARS routes pointing to trunk group 1 are gone, all members of trunk group 1 were man busied, yet I can't delete either that last member or the group itself. In addition - the system STILL SHOWS 8 friggin trunks (since my last post I added a second SIP peer).

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 10:44:34 AM »
You can't delete the last member of a trunk group, you have to delete the whole trunk group. But, you can't delete the trunk group if it's being referenced by a route, so check there first.

Yes, it's a pain, but these safeguards are there a) for database integrity and b) to reduce the chance of accidentally deleting something you don't really want to delete.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10