Author Topic: out of hours scheduling for messages help please  (Read 2132 times)

Offline bezzley

• View Profile
out of hours scheduling for messages help please
« on: June 30, 2015, 05:44:03 AM »
Hi,

I apologize if this has been answered many times before, I've read much of the info I need here, just not in whole or as a complete answer to my issue.

I've become responsible for a mitel 3300 running mcd4? maybe 4.1 (still learning) - having changed much of the config as needed already.
My core task is IT, that's my thing, thsi mitel beastie is somewhat of straying out of my comfort zone really.

I have a small issue (I hope) remaining, I have an out of hours solution running to direct to voicemail - may not be perfect, but kinda works.
The business hours are set to the required times in vm form, but the day/night1 switchover is not taking place it seems, manual switching is working fine, giving the required routing action, just not on an automatic basis as needed.

my solution uses routing based upon day/night1 selection 
- DAY - passing to ring groups from certain numbers, allowing direct numbers etc (all works ok)
- NIGHT1 - then passing them to another extension, which routes to a hunt group for the voicemail channels. (kinda works, as below, but does the job)

as a side note of lesser importance, the idea of routing to the extension during night1 was as follows:
- my plan was to the route to that extension out of hours, that would then divert to vm and be collected from that phone, rather than individual phones
- didn't work that way - individual phones still get their own mwi and messages are picked up at individual phones - rather than the hoped behavior of mwi at the single phone and collection there
- this is secondary/minor compared to the switchover issue, but any input is appreciated.

I'm just unsure what I've missed for that last step of day/night1 switchover.
I've read about the scheduler, but this seems to be daily as in everyday, not selective days (maybe I misread?)

business hours in VM being mon-fri 9am to 5pm, sat 9am to 12pm, sunday closed (set as 00:00 and 00:00)

Many thanks in advance

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: out of hours scheduling for messages help please
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 08:02:06 AM »
System version will make a difference here.
MCD4 has no Scheduler form where MCD4.1 does. If you click on 'About' (top left) it will give you your active S/W load.
10.0.x.x (MCD4)
10.1.x.x (MCD4.1)

Business Hours in the VM will only change the VM announcement to the night greeting, it does not change system mode.
A lot has changed and been added to the scheduler since 4.1. I know on the newer versions you can define different days for the event to happen.

As for the night scenario this can get complicated for a beginner.
What happens is the call will enter the voicemail box of the original extension called, not the last number that diverts to voicemail.
You will need to break this integration. There are various ways to do this, I'll give one example below.

Let's say you have an extension range of 2000 - 2999 and you want all messages to go to the mailbox 2000 at night1.
1 - First create a Hunt Group of *2000 (mailbox prefixed with a *) the type must be 'Name Tag', no members are needed. (This is to break the VM integration and send the call to Mbox 2000)
2 - Find the 'Call Rerouting Always Alternative' form and find an unused number (e.g. position 5) (Do not use position 1). (Take note of the number that you use)
3 - Put *2000 (The hunt group created) in the Directory Number and set everything to reroute.
4 - Then go to the 'Call Rerouting' form and under Call Rerouting - Night 1 change the number to the one that you used in step 2 above (e.g. position 5).

This will use rerouting from the Call Rerouting Always Alternative position number form for Night1

Might pay to export the forms you are modifying first so that you have a record of what you change.

Offline bezzley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »
Hi,

I'll get the version asap and report back.

The night1 info is great, that makes sense from the settings and all I've read, I just needed that concise guidance - perfect, thanks!!

Offline bezzley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 04:03:15 AM »
Hi,

The info on breaking the integration was spot on - many thanks.

I still have the issue of changine day/night1 scheduling - it's running MCD4.0

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 04:58:34 AM »
There is no way I know of to do this with MCD 4.0

You could look at the maintenance command 'Programmed Service' but I don't think it will help you. It only allows a daily entry with no option for weekends or holidays.

You could look at upgrading the software if you really need this functionality.
Going from MCD4.0 to 4.1 is the only upgrade that I'm aware of that doesn't need active SWA.

May be worth asking your VAR/Dealer.

Offline bezzley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 08:54:22 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I had suspected that would be the answer from other info I'd collated.

I'll check if the update is approved by the powers that be, they may opt for just using the daily system

Many thanks!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10