Author Topic: Internal calls not ringing, caller just starts talking through speaker  (Read 2768 times)

Offline bstrain74

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hello all. I've been searching for an answer for a while with no luck. Not even sure what this is called.

I have a Mitel 5000 system with a bunch of InterTel 8560 phones.

This only happens on a few extensions. The receptionist will call me for example, but my phone wont ring, she just starts talking to me right through the phone's speaker! Not good and very annoying. I need a way to turn this off. Any ideas? Thanks so much.

BTW, I do have access to the DB Programming on my desktop.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's the Ring Intercom Always Feature, you need this to be set to yes on all extns.

Offline bstrain74

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks for the quick reply. I see this is feature code 377. I also just read about 319 - Hands Free on/off. Are these the same or similar?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ring Intercom Always controls the transmit end, Handsfree controls the receive end.

Offline bobr1

• View Profile
    • Conway Communications, Inc.
"Handsfree on/off" controls how people call you; on - rings twice then goes to speaker, off - rings until you pick it up.

"Ring intercom always" controls how you call other people. On - rings until they pick it up REGARDLESS of how their "handsfree" is set.  Off - ringing is determined by their "handsfree" settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10