Author Topic: upload phonebook to 5610 dect using (.csv file)  (Read 4890 times)

Offline dfellows

• Contributer
    • View Profile
upload phonebook to 5610 dect using (.csv file)
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:23:14 AM »
I have installed 2 5610 IPDECT phones for a customer. He wants to upload a phonebook to each of these sets, using a (.CSV File). After doing research on the phone, I found that Mitel says that it is possible, in IPDECT_Client_Stand_Config.pdf, on page 42. It states to "Copy the phonebook.csv file to the ftp or http file server. The next time that the stand polls the tftp server it detects the new phonebook.csv file and downloads it to the handsets." Unfortunately, it does not tell you how to copy it to the file server. More research and I was able to find this article in the Mitel Online Knowledgebase. http://micc.mitel.com/kb/KnowledgebaseArticle51290.aspx . This seems to deal with uploading extensions. I tried hitting F1 while in database programming, and typing in .csv, and, again it tells me that it is possible to upload the .csv, but fails to give any indication as to the how or where. 
Has anyone figured out how to do this, as this customer is demanding to upload to the phones with a .csv

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: upload phonebook to 5610 dect using (.csv file)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:40:35 AM »
dfellows,

Well that KB is for the Prairiefyre product not the IP Dect phone. When you get the phone up and going you will need to get into the Web Configuration portion and setup the TFTP setting there. Obviously you would also need a TFTP server setup as well that has your .csv file in it.

Since you are a technician why don't you download the IP Dect Manual from here:

http://edocs.mitel.com/TechDocs/Apps-Solutions/Wireless/5610/2.0/IP-DECT_Client_Stand_Configuration.pdf

This will tell you everything you would want to know about setting up the 5610 IP Dect phone. I believe the part you would be looking for would be around page 47 [53 if you use the ones up top].

Thanks,

TE

Offline dfellows

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 12:16:08 PM »
That is the document I referred to in my post. Unfortunately, I did see the information I needed to pass on to my customer, I was focused on page 42, and should have seen the option in Maintenance on page 47. I have passed the information to the customer, and hopefully this puts the issue to bed. Thank you for the clarification.

Offline mjantzer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 06:00:52 PM »
TE,

I've gone through all the instructions in the referenced PDF.  Got my tftp server going and have created phonebook.csv file but it won't load.  The debug log shows that it accesses the file and states that it succeeded changed, but nothing shows up in the 5610 contacts.  So I copied my settings and created a cfg file.  The 5610 sees and loads the cfg file just fine from the tftp server.  I made little tweaks in the cfg file so I could see those changes show up in the 5610 GUI.  I've even tried adding a heading to the csv file, but that doesn't help either.  Is there any other logging that could be enabled to see what's else could be wrong with importing the contacts?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 05:05:49 AM »
mjantzer,

Since it is just with the 5610 the only logs would be within itself; which would be limited at best. My guess is that there is something wrong with the csv file and it is being discarded as corrupted.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mjantzer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
TE,

Is there anyone you could check with and see if they've changed the format of the csv file.  The PDF firmware version referenced is 110 and my 5610 has 200.

Thanks...

mjantzer

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 05:49:18 AM »
mjantzer,

I will look and see, but I can't promise anything as we don't install a lot of those devices.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »
mjantzer,

Did you export the .csv file from the 5610 or did you try to create one from scratch?

Thanks,

TE

Offline mjantzer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 12:56:39 PM »
TE,

I couldn't see away to export the file out of the 5610.  I used the notes in the PDF and made them from scratch.
I've tried multiple formats and it won't accept any of them, even though the debug files states succeeded changes made.

Is there away to verify the firmware version of the 5610 handset?  I believe the GUI is just showing what's install in the IP DECT stand.

mjantzer

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 04:27:50 PM »
mjantzer,

Have you tried resetting the phone and then re-register it again while the new csv file was in the tftp server? The latest firmware should have been downloaded for the 5000 software version you are on via the 5000's tftp server; as long as you have it setup correctly.

The next thing I would do if the re-registration doesn't work is to just create a csv file with only one extension in it; let's say the operators phone if you have one and see if that works.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mjantzer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 01:13:29 PM »
TE,

I've been testing the phonebook.csv file with only a couple entries all the time to make changes simple.  I've just about exhausted this issue.  I've done lots of import/export over my years as an IT person and never had this much trouble before.  I've got (2) 5610 and the IP DECT stations on the same floor so I tried turning on the IPEI also, but that didn't make any difference.  I'll try the reset and re-register and see what happens.

Do you know how to verify the handset firmware version?  It would be nice just to verify it's at the same version as the stand.
Do you know how to export contacts from the 5610?  That would sure help troubleshooting the desired format needed!

My tech couldn't tell me about accessing the Mitel 5000 tftp server.  He told me that I needed to create my own tftp server and put all my files there and I have.
Have ever heard of anyone being successful with this transfer?  I found old forum threads with the same issues and they never were resolved either!

Thanks for your help!

mjantzer

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 02:58:18 PM »
mjantzer,

You can look at the webpage of the 5610 handset to get the firmware information.

Operation->Home
This web page provides IP-DECT stand information, including firmware version, MAC address, IP address, and the registration status of the handsets.

As for exporting the csv file that I am not sure if it can be done or not; personally I have never tried it.

Have you made sure that the phone doesn't have the in Hotel mode?

For hospitality environments, you can apply the following system behaviors by enabling the new Hotel Option setting in Telephony Settings page of the of the IP DECT web configuration interface:
 Silent upgrades and resets
 Disable call logging
 Prevent phonebook modification.

As for the 5000 TFTP server that can be found on the 5000 via its web interface. I am going to go with the technicians don't want you in it if they told you they don't know about it.

I have uploaded contacts before a few years ago and it was a simple matter. I have not done it for a few years, but I doubt it has been removed as a function. Unfortunately we do not sell very many of these devices so I don't have a great deal of experience with them.

At this point if it continues to plague you then I would have your vendor open a ticket with Mitel Tech support.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mjantzer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
TE,

The reset and re-register the handset has fixed the issue!  I've now got my phonebook.csv file successfully downloaded to the handset.

FYI
Excel2013 wouldn’t create CSV output with quoted items.  Found a Google thread that pointed to this MS KB article and it worked just fine.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/291296/en-us

Thanks again for your help!

mjantzer

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10