Author Topic: One way audio on handset only, works ok on speakerphone  (Read 2964 times)

Offline WLCITDept

• View Profile
One way audio on handset only, works ok on speakerphone
« on: June 21, 2015, 09:54:05 PM »
We have set up our second remote worker with a 5330 Phone connecting to a CP 5000.  Setup seemed to go smoothly, but when she makes a call from the phone, she cannot hear the person she called through the handset.  Everything works fine through the speaker on the phone.  I have double-checked all the places that NAT is set up in the system, including the endpoint settings.  Everything is as it should be, yet there is no two-way audio through that phone's handset.  She can hear everything fine if it is on speakerphone.

We have another worker with the same setup, and her phone works perfectly, so I know our firewall settings are good.

I am mystified.  Has anyone seen this or have a solution?

Thankyou.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: One way audio on handset only, works ok on speakerphone
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 10:40:12 PM »
If you can get 2 way audio on speakerphone it won't be a firewall issue.

To me it sounds like you could have a bad hand piece. Do you get any internal audio when just lifting the hand piece?
Also check to make sure it is connected to the correct port under the phone.

Best check is to swap the hand piece and curly cord from a working phone.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: One way audio on handset only, works ok on speakerphone
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »
WLCITDept,

You may also want to make sure that Headset mode isn't turned on since it disables the handset. I believe that the default FAC is 317, but you may want to look it up to make sure or you can go to the flags on that phone and set if headset mode is turned on.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10