Author Topic: Mitel 5000 not ringing with Viking fax switch  (Read 1308 times)

Offline jjordon

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 not ringing with Viking fax switch
« on: June 21, 2015, 09:33:36 PM »
Here is the situation:  I have one line being shared between a fax, an NEC SL1100, a Mitel 5000, a Transtel Lynx, and a Transtel TDS 600 (these are demo systems in our store).

So that faxes go to the fax machine, and voice calls go to whatever demo system we need it to, we have a Viking V1000 routing the calls.  A switch at the front directs which demo system the voice calls go to.  It works except for one thing.

Voice calls are not ringing the Mitel 5000

The other three systems ring and show caller ID just fine.  If I press the line key I can answer the call on the Mitel 5000.  I added a Viking ring amplifier, and the system did ring, but no caller ID comes through.  With the ring amplifier in place, I tested with a Caller ID buttset, and I did get caller ID.

My Question:  Is there some setting I am missing that might make it work?  Or is it a quirk of the 5000?  I doubt I will run into this into the field, but if I could fix this, that would be great.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 not ringing with Viking fax switch
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 11:01:57 PM »
Does the 5000 get caller ID when connected directly to the line?  If not, perhaps the trunk is not set up to receive caller ID.  Go to SYSTEM/DEVICES/TRUNKS, find the one you're using and select SERVICE TYPE/BELLCORE FSK CALLER ID.  By default it's NONE.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10