Author Topic: Networked nodes go "Busy"  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Camoron

• View Profile
Networked nodes go "Busy"
« on: June 19, 2015, 01:33:59 PM »
I have 3 nodes networked together (will be adding a 4th soon...) and they are able to call each other but after a while, one or two of the connections will go down and if you try calling a remote extension or the node number itself (e.g. 97002) it just says the branch username "is BUSY"

I have all of the nodes configured using the proper P6000 numbers which seems to be a common mistake and they are WORKING, albeit not all the time. I rebooted the phone system at this branch earlier and was able to reach the other two by extension numbers but now a few hours later one has gone down as "BUSY" and I suspect it's only a matter of time until the other branch goes down as well. I have confirmed with the other working branch that they are unable to reach the "BUSY" branch right now as well, so I suspect it is a problem on that branch's end, I am just not sure what. Any help would be appreciated, and if I find a solution on my own in the mean time I will let you all know.

Edit: I just went to get some lunch and when I came back the other branch was "Busy" too, as I suspected would happen.

Edit 2: Now they are just going up and down constantly... for about 20 minutes both other branches were reachable from this branch (branch 1). Then, branch 2 could be reached but not branch 3, and about 5-10 minutes later, branch 2 could not be reached but branch 3 could. Branch 2 cannot reach branch 3 either, though Branch 3 can reach both Branch 1 and Branch 2 and, as far as I know, has never had any problems reaching the other two.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:10:51 PM by Camoron »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Networked nodes go "Busy"
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 05:47:02 PM »
Sounds like maybe your WAN is not very good?  The criteria for VOIP to work well are pretty high.  What sort of WAN connection do you have between sites?  Using VPN?

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 06:15:43 PM »
I would say that busy means all the networking channels are busy and there are none available. Have you checked in the SysAd tool under IP resources to see what is in use at the time.

Normally if the node is down you would get destination not responding I think. Also you would see the node disconnections in the message print.

Offline Camoron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:28:12 PM »
The sites are connected via VPN I believe. Each site has a different internet connection, but some are pretty remote so I doubt any of them have very high speed connections. They have an internal IT person so I will have to check with him on this. I will check the SysAd IP resources next time I am out there, thanks. If anyone else has seen anything like this before or has an inclination as to what the problem might be, please let me know, I'd really love to hear it.

Thanks.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »
I think that the previous response is correct - busy means busy. How many networking ports do you have licensed at each site? Depending on the software version, you get either 3 or 6 ports out of the box unless you have an unlimited networking license.

Offline Camoron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 10:17:20 AM »
Hi,

I know it's been a while but I just wanted to update everyone- the IT administrator for one of the locations we had recently added discovered they had an old Firewall rule in place for one of the IPs we used for one of the phone systems. They were not USING that IP, but the rule remained as presumably there once was a node on the network that had been using it at one time. Once we removed it the phone systems began functioning properly.

Just wanted to post what our solution was to this in case anyone else is having the same issue as it was very frustrating and it didn't make sense why it just started happening as the third location was added.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 01:16:32 PM »
Thanks for updating the thread, not many people would!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10