Author Topic: Multi Device Ring Group and Mobile (cell) phone voicemail  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Wollondilly

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Multi Device Ring Group and Mobile (cell) phone voicemail
« on: June 19, 2015, 02:45:41 AM »
We have a number of users who currently run a multi-device group with at least their desk phone and mobile phone within the group. This function works great, the desk phone will ring, then within a few seconds the mobile will ring and the call can be answered.
Where the issue begins is if that person is on their mobile phone and has voicemail. In this instance, the desk phone will start to ring, the mobile carrier then will send the call to its voice mail service and the Mitel system assumes the call has been answered by the mobile and therefor transfers the call to the mobile phone.
Now lets say my mobile phone ran out of battery (common enough issue with an iPhone) and I'm sitting at my desk waiting for a call. My desk phone rings for about half a second, then the call gets "answered" by my mobile phone's voicemail even though I could have answered the call at my desk phone.
The frustrating thing is that in Australia even if I do not have voice mail enabled on my mobile phone, the network provider will answer the call and play a message to state that the phone is switched off or unavailable. Again Mitel will think this is the call was answered.

So the work around I implemented was the answer confirmation COS. This works but it is very annoying. I answer the call, generate a DTMF tone and the call is then transferred to the mobile. Whilst during testing no one had an issue with this (other than it was extremely annoying), once deployed our users have raised this as a safety issue as pressing a button on the phone whilst driving is dangerous. Whilst I have my own opinion about this, I have been instructed to remove all mobiles from the multi device groups until we find a better way of live person detection.

I am wondering if anyone else has come up with a better way of allowing the Mitel to know that a person answered the call vs a pre-recorded message or voicemail system?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Device Ring Group and Mobile (cell) phone voicemail
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 08:23:18 AM »
I'm thinking you may have to either (1) install a SIP client on the phone - or (2) install the Mitel UCA app.
The problem with both of these is that I think you'll have to unlock your phone if it's locked with a call comes in.  So that doesn't solve your safety concerns.

But then again, talking on a cell while driving is distracted driving and illegal in some areas.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10