Author Topic: Micollab Client CPU use  (Read 2658 times)

Offline tom.k.cook

• View Profile
Micollab Client CPU use
« on: June 15, 2015, 06:53:12 AM »
I've recently been introduced to the Micollab Client, version 6.0.422.0, which out company has started using as a softphone client.  Whenever it is running, it consumes 100% of one CPU core, even if the user is not logged in.

Is this a known problem?  Is there any way to prevent it, other than killing the client?

Thanks,
Tom

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Micollab Client CPU use
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:05:44 AM »
We just upgraded from that version and never had that issue with it.  We ran it on Windows 7 Professional x64 - usually on workstations with 8GB Ram.  No CPU issues.

Caveat - we didn't use the softphone feature.  That shouldn't make a difference.

What type of workstations are you running the client on?

Offline tom.k.cook

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 08:17:08 AM »
Very similar spec, by the sounds of it.  Windows 7 x64, 8GB RAM, Core i7 laptops.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 08:47:44 AM »
so, to be clear, when you open Windows Task manager, UCA.exe is consuming 100% of CPU ?

My case right now, (with the newer MiCollab client) is 0-1% with 77,360K of memory used.

Couple of things to try:

Disable Anti Virus just to see if there is a conflict.

Test this inside the same subnet as the UC Server just to make sure this isn't a time-out situation (it shouldn't matter)

Did you download the client from the UC Server?

Hope this helps.  While getting this all to work isn't necessarily easy, I never had a UC Client act like you describe.

Offline tom.k.cook

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 12:25:46 PM »
so, to be clear, when you open Windows Task manager, UCA.exe is consuming 100% of CPU ?

My case right now, (with the newer MiCollab client) is 0-1% with 77,360K of memory used.

Couple of things to try:

Disable Anti Virus just to see if there is a conflict.

Test this inside the same subnet as the UC Server just to make sure this isn't a time-out situation (it shouldn't matter)

Did you download the client from the UC Server?

Hope this helps.  While getting this all to work isn't necessarily easy, I never had a UC Client act like you describe.

When I open process explorer, UCA.exe was consistently consuming 12.5% CPU which, since it's a 4-core system with two threads per core, is one whole CPU thread.  I say 'was', because I tried starting the client in WinXP compatibility mode a couple of hours ago, and since then it's been using <1% CPU.  I'm not sure whether to enquire further or just shrug and move along!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10