Author Topic: System forward of extension  (Read 4758 times)

Offline thesavo

• View Profile
System forward of extension
« on: June 12, 2015, 11:38:19 AM »
Inter-tel Axxess system v9.002

We have a 10 person division that is going to be breaking off from our company.  It is going to move to another another city and also their phone numbers are going to change.  They will be given IP phone with these new numbers next week.  The problem is they still wish to receive calls on their old numbers for quite a while.

The management expectation is to forward intercom calls and DID calls to the new numbers.  Is the only way to accomplish this to walk to each phone and [FWD] all calls to the external number?   The only problem with this procedure is that our users have been known to turn FWD features off at the end points.

Thanks for the help.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: System forward of extension
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 11:45:28 AM »
I would create new phantom extensions and assign them the existing extension numbers and DIDs. Forward the phantoms off site, and an end-user can't disable forwarding. You have the added bonus of not losing the use of 10 phones, just assign them new extension numbers.

Offline thesavo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 12:06:54 PM »
How do I forward the phantom extension to an external number? Phantom device > 1NNNN > Forward Path?

I think I found it.
http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=3839.msg16151#msg16151
1) 359 (Remote Station Program Feature Access Code)
2) 1110 (Phantom Extension Number)
3) 1110# (Phantom Ext Password you defined)
 - You are now able to activate features as if you were physically on that extension -
4) 355 (Feature Access Code for Forward All Calls)
5) 8 (Outside Call access code, make sure you set the Outside Extension in Associated Extensions of the Phantom correctly)
6) 2223331234 (Destination phone number as you would normally dial it)
7) Hang Up
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:18:07 PM by thesavo »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 01:06:39 PM »
Yes, and if you need to dial the phantom from the auto attendant remember to create an extension ID in voice mail.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »
Good news: you can do this in database programming without having to manually use 359 for each.  Forward either a single real phone or create phantom.  Then in database programming open VIEW/ONLINE MONITOR at the top...this gives you super powers!!! Now go to the one station you forwarded and look at FORWARD INFORMATION.  Copy down what you see in each field and duplicate all fields except FORWARD OUTSIDE NUMBER, that one you'll match to user's new number.  I did this for 140 stations that moved.
Two gotcha's:
be sure MANUAL FORWARD TO PUBLIC NETWORK is turned on in station flags and
be sure to increase UNSUPERVISED CO timer is increased or it will hang up the call when time is reached.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 03:00:10 PM »
I would never advise someone who asked such a basic question to use Online Monitor.  You can do some real damage to the system with a stray mouse click or two.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 11:27:01 AM »
I would never advise someone who asked such a basic question to use Online Monitor.  You can do some real damage to the system with a stray mouse click or two.
^^^ This!!!

The OLM can be problematic, even dangerous, in the hands of untrained/unfamiliar user, there are many areas they could accidentally click something and cause anything from very difficult to find bugs, al the way to bringing the system to a crashing halt...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10