Author Topic: mitel and an apc battery backup  (Read 2182 times)

Offline markdevoll

• View Profile
mitel and an apc battery backup
« on: June 11, 2015, 06:23:43 PM »
I want to connect a mitel 5000 via usb to an apc to do a gracefull shutdown before the battery runs out. I plugged in the usb cable from the apc to the usb on the back of the mitel 5000 and it didn't do the shutdown. any ideas?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: mitel and an apc battery backup
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 08:49:47 AM »
Markdevoll,

Make sure that it is enabled on the system.

System > Flags > Enable Shutdown On Low Battery: YES

Also you have to use the USB Cable that came with the UPS System as this can cause issues with it seeing it properly.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the UPS may need to have its thresholds set so it sends the low battery alert. This is not a UPS active alarm it is a low battery alarm; which confuses some people as well.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 12:31:59 PM »
Also, there were only specific UPS that the 5000 will work with. APC was listed as one of the brands, but through testing we discovered that only certain models.

To my knowledge Mitel no longer keeps a list of supported models (or at least that they would give to us).

You can verify that the 5000 see's the UPS by logging into the AWP webpage of the 5000, and browsing to the "System Information" section. There is a line for UPS, and it will either say "Detected" or "Not Detected".

There was also an event that got triggered when the UPS was plugged in, and would show in the logs. I don't remember specifically what that event was. But it was supposed to start a monitoring service.

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 06:24:43 PM »
Connect message print and unplug and plug in the USB cable you will see there if it's detecting it or not.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10