Author Topic: Using Account Codes for reporting  (Read 1278 times)

Offline wareagle7298

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Using Account Codes for reporting
« on: June 11, 2015, 05:14:21 PM »
We are in the process of looking at purchasing a Mitel 3300 with ContactCenter Enterprise.  We have a third party application that serves as our 'CRM' of sorts and is MS SQL based, and there is not out of the box integration with this system.  In our current PBX, we use the PBX client software to enter an account code, which is saved with the call detail in the PBX database (also SQL based) and passed to the call archive database.  Although not perfect, its a relatively cheap way for us to tie our phone system call detail to a collections file in our system (these are in the format YY-NNNNN, for instance 15-12345).  In our current PBX the account code is free style entry - it is not a pre-populated list, so my call center agents will enter the file number associated with the user they are on the phone with.  (Phone numbers are not a reliable way for us to map a 'customer' to a 'file number' as a customer can be associated with multiple 'file numbers' in our system.

From my reading, it appears that Account Codes are created by the Administrator in Mitel, and there is no free form entry.  I would be dealing with thousands of codes, with hundreds added weekly.  Can Account Code field in the Mitel system be free form (and by that I mean, the agent being able to enter in any sequence of numbers and characters they want).

My next question is am I going about this the wrong way? Would it be possible to use the Call Notes field for this purpose? Do the Call Notes save with the Call Detail (duration, caller id, etc..) in the database? Does that info pass along to the Call Recording database for easy retrieval?

At the end of the day what I want is the ability to pull call records based on our internal CRM file number, and also retrieve call recordings using that same file number as a search field.

Thanks - Dave

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Using Account Codes for reporting
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
You question may be better asked in the Applications section of the forum since this may be addressed by the PrairieFyre app but the 3300 can use 'free form' account codes that can be entered before making a call and during the call.  They are then added to the SMDR record.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10