Author Topic: MWI keys from outside Cluster  (Read 1513 times)

Offline jstratton

• View Profile
MWI keys from outside Cluster
« on: June 11, 2015, 08:31:55 AM »

Hi folks,

I have an issue i'm struggling with and was hoping someone clever person out there might be able to help.

Firstly i have a phantom number used in a call flow which is always directed to Voicemail (we use Nupoint). This number is on a controller within a large cluster.

Work was done by previous people to add a new Virtual Controller which has been deliberatly left out of the cluster so as not to inherit all weird and wonderful work arounds that have been added over many many years, to the end that the Virtual Controller will take over and the Cluster can be decomissioned.

To get the two to talk to each other they are used a prefix on the internal extensions for routing purposes (821 cluster and 822 Virtual box).

This has thrown up a bit of an issue. I can't add MWI's to any extensions that have been added to the Virtual Controller. To get voicemail to attach to an extension they've had to create an VM with the extension number and then add 822[Extension Number] as an alternative extension.

Not sure this is solvable but tis worth asking, cheers in advance

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: MWI keys from outside Cluster
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 08:42:52 AM »
I think you may be able to program a different MWI extension on the remote system then use a "broadcast Message waiting" mailbox on the Nupoint to light it.

Ralph.

Offline jstratton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 09:05:58 AM »
thanks that's given me a starting point - trawling through help files now to work out how to use the features on the Nupoint, keep me busy for an afternoon  :)

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »
Try create a speed call translating the mwi code +ext to the new ext

For example my mwi on and off code is *25 and #25

In your speed call table create two entries

*25 822 1234
#25 822 1234

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10