Author Topic: Can't log into CXi  (Read 1518 times)

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Can't log into CXi
« on: June 10, 2015, 11:33:11 AM »
Hello

We have a CXi in our data cabinet that we use very occasionally to test stuff on. Haven't logged into it for a while and today found that I can't log into it at all!

Browsing to it's IP Address gives me 'This page can't be displayed'

I know the IP Address is correct as it's static and it shows this address on a network scan.

If I connect a phone to it it downloads it's firmware then sits at Contacting Server.

If I try and telnet to it it asks for my username which it takes then password which I enter then it just closes the putty session.

If I run the software installer tool, enter the IP, username and password it comes back with 'The 3300 is either starting up or shutting down and the MiXML interface is not currently available'

So it's obviously thrown a wobbler somehow due to lack of use but how do I recover it please??

Cheers

Dave

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Can't log into CXi
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »
What do you see if you plug into the RS-232 port on the front? See if you can get any response there. Worst case, turn it off/on again and monitor the RS-232 port output, if it doesn't boot up that output should give you clues as to what's wrong (bad drive, bad DSP, etc.).

Offline tjcurcio

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Can't log into CXi
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 03:44:00 PM »
Can you putty into it?

I'd go for the reboot, then try to login again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10