Author Topic: Internal System Error syncing MCD 5.0 SP2 w/ MCD 6.0  (Read 2722 times)

Offline ccuster

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Internal System Error syncing MCD 5.0 SP2 w/ MCD 6.0
« on: June 08, 2015, 06:13:44 PM »
we are running a 16 node 3300 cluster. 13 controllers in a GARID - they are all running MCD 5.0 SP2 including the DLM for our application group licensing. newer controllers that have been purchased have come installed with MCD 6.0

i had our vendor add our MCD 6.0 controllers to the GARID, follow the sync proceedure from the DLM:

open the "Application Group Licensing" form, select 'Change', and then 'Save' then do a system wide sync - specifically to sync the Application Group Licensing forms. everything SEEMS to sync fine but by the end, i get an "Internal System Error" for ALL MCD 6.0 controllers. I check the logs and find that it failed to sync the Application Group Licensing forms, hosted services forms, admin groups, admin group members. . . and so one

It synces the RDN, Telephone directory, etc just fine, just nothing. i get my added form for License Distribution and members on the MCD 6 controllers and it they add to the members list but its not populated with the added shared licenses and the shared licenses are not available to it - NO license violation - a

My first thought is to upgrade the DLM to MCD 6.0. is that the logical approach in this case?

Cheers

Offline DB32120

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Internal System Error syncing MCD 5.0 SP2 w/ MCD 6.0
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 07:00:36 AM »
Might be wrong but the DLM needs to be equivalent or higher version than the other elements

Offline ccuster

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 05:32:23 PM »
Okay, i upgraded the DLM to 6.0 SP3 successfully. I no longer get any "Internal system error" while syncing the controllers w/ MCD 6.0 but i am still having a problem with sharing licensing.

i went through the SDS sync to extend the license sharing to the controller newly purchaced controller in question AGAIN (it too running 6.0).
The "Application Group Licensing" and "Application Group License Distribution" are both there but it is not updated or displaying the licenses shared by the rest of the cluster.

The DLM (Controller "A") lists the new controller (Controller "B") as an Application Group Member but does not display its allocated licenses.
Controller "B" too, displayed the other members (14 in total) but has not populated the shared licensing and only displays the default 16 UCC Licenses that it came with.

We are NOT in license violation

Offline ccuster

• Contributer
    • View Profile
RESOLVED Internal System Error syncing MCD 5.0 SP2 w/ MCD 6.0
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 11:59:00 AM »
Turns out, our reseller added the ARID to the Group ARID 3 month after the software assurance had expired and neglected to inform us of the expiry. they could not renew the SWA without first having the AMC remove the controller from the GARID. we are waiting for the SWA renewal and in urn, the ARID to be added back to the Group ARID.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 09:19:56 PM »
Ouch, they need to follow the rules

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10