Author Topic: Outgoing CLI on Display from X-Fer  (Read 1554 times)

XarGuy

Outgoing CLI on Display from X-Fer
« on: June 05, 2015, 07:24:31 AM »
Hi Guys,

Been scratching my head with this one for a while now.

Here's an example scenario.

x1830 dials x1851

x1830 then presses Transfer and dials an outside number then clears down.

x1851 is connected to the outside number but on the display it tells me the trunk group name rather than the CLI i have been connected to.

Does anyone know of a way to get the CLI on the display? It's going to be a flag but which flag and on what device.

Cheers

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Outgoing CLI on Display from X-Fer
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »
Several flags, per station.  SYSTEM/PHONE-RELATED INFORMATION/FLAGS.  Turn on OUTSIDE PARTY CALL INFO HAS PRIORITY, EXPANDED CO CALL INFO ON DISPLAY, DISPLAY OUTSIDE PARTY NAME.  You can view HELP to understand how each of these works.  And this assumes that you are already getting CLID on the trunks, which is default on PRI or SIP but needs to be turned on in SERVICE TYPE on loop start trunks.

XarGuy

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »
Already have these checked, Dwayne. Still no joy!  :-[

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »
You're talking about caller ID on an inbound call, right?  Do you ever see it anywhere?  Does it show up on SMDR in your ADMIN & DIAGNOSTICS?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 12:31:24 PM »
XarGuy,

Have you ever done this process on other systems and it showed the number dialed by the transferring station? The way I understand it the system is working as expected since we would only know what we are being transferred to which in this case is the CO Trunk Group since the transferred station did not dial the outbound number themselves. I don't think I have ever heard of this process happening on any installation I have worked on as most of the time wouldn't x1851 just call the outbound number themselves instead of being transferred by x1831?

If you have seen this work before then I suggest looking at that database System Flags and Station Flags for the phones that it did work on. Off the top of my head I can't think of any flag that would allow x1851 to see the number that x1831 dialed as a transferred call. If this was a Forwarded Call that would be a different story, but you are saying that it was a manual transfer so the process is what is getting in your way of seeing the outbound number.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10