Author Topic: UC360 SIP URI to other endpoints  (Read 3661 times)

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
UC360 SIP URI to other endpoints
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:14:25 PM »
Has anyone successfully dialed a SIP URI for video conferencing to another VC endpoint such as Polycom? I'm getting conflicting information. In the UC360 UG R2 SP1 it states on page 45: "Note: The "SIP URI Dial" feature only supports dialing out from the UC360 to a cloud-based video conferencing service. SIP URI dialing between the UC360 and another video endpoint, either inbound or outbound is not supported."

However in various forum posts and other sources I don't recall it's been said that SIP URI dialing to a VC endpoint is possible with the UC360. I've had no luck with some video test SIP URI's (500@ekiga.net for example) and now am unsure if it's even possible.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Re: UC360 SIP URI to other endpoints
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 03:20:23 PM »
I haven't tested with another endpoint directly, but we are able to dial in to a Polycom bridge or a conference ID using the SIP URI.
There has not been a need to dial endpoint to endpoint, but I can try and post my results.

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 06:56:23 PM »
Well that's good news. I assumed it was possible with the latest FW/software update. Right now I'm testing dialing a Polycom RealPresence Group 500 system with a SIP URI. Can you tell me about your setup a bit? Do you have the UC360 going out the firewall? Is there any programming on the device that needs to be done besides setting it up as a SIP device?

Thanks in advance.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 03:19:57 PM »
I used the DialURIOutboundProxySvr field in the UC360 config to point to our DMA, so it can dial internal/external numbers via the MCD and SIP URI via the bridge. I haven't had a chance to test URI dialing direct to any other endpoint yet, but I can only assume that if the other device is registered with the DMA, then should be no reason why we can't dial it direct.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 08:40:38 AM »
I tried to play around internally with UC360 and X-Lite.   Failed because the X-Lite didn't support the codec (264 if I remember) and the 360 didn't support the codec the X-lite used (253?).
To upgrade the X-lite I needed to shell out $50US.   Didn't want to do that for just testing.

Ralph

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
Ralph- check out Microsip, it supports H.263 and H.264 video codecs. It is my new favorite FREE SIP client for testing.

http://www.microsip.org/

8)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 08:14:56 AM »
Yes.  I saw that on another thread.   I've already installed it and started playing.

Ralph

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »
We do not have a DMA or other video conference bridge. I'm attempting to connect to a SIP URI going out our firewall (Cisco ASA 5510). Watching the live logging on the firewall I see the traffic going to the Polycom endpoint but not returning from it. Eventually the UC360 just says call failed to connect. I'm guessing either the return traffic is being blocked or perhaps it is a NAT issue.

I see in the UC360 SIP settings Proxy Server address and Proxy Server address for Dial URI which I assume is what you are referring to with the DialURIOutboundProxySvr field. I don't think that applies in my scenario though.

I am going to try the Microsip client for internal testing, thanks for that mention.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10