Author Topic: Mitel command line  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Leadstream

• View Profile
Mitel command line
« on: June 03, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »
Hello,

I am new to Mitel, having our first system installed this week. We're in the process of setting up click to dial from our crm system.

PhoneManager.Client.exe MC: 01234567890

I assume this will call from the default CLI on the handset. However as part of the command line interface, is there a way of adding an additional variable to the command line to change the CLI to another number?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel command line
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 04:16:42 PM »
Leadstream,

Are you wanting to know if there is a way to change your Calling Party Number on a per call basis?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Leadstream

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 04:30:59 PM »
Hi TE,

Yes that's correct!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:28:39 PM »
Leadstream,

Unless something new has come out that I am unaware of, which is possible, I do not think you can.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:52:14 PM »
Only way we have found to do it is the old analog station to LS trunk trick... no other way to change caller ID on a call-by-call basis in the 5000.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:35:10 PM »
It may be possible via oai, but whether you can pass a parameter to phone manager for it would be a question for Xarios

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 01:55:44 AM »
I recall that this was was a feature of Phone Manager when it was an Xarios product.  I personally never used it but did see if in a demo

Offline Leadstream

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 02:46:32 AM »
Okay. So is this something that could be done via the Mitel Solution Alliance API?

Essentially we have been provided by our SIP provider with 758 local area codes for every part of the UK, and whenever we place outbound calls to customers we want to select the CLI with the area code local to them from an internal database. We use click to dial, so I am trying to find a way to send 2 commands to the handset (change CLI then Make Call) or one Make Call command with an additional parameter with the value containing the CLI we wish to use on that calll.

I'm not necessarily worried about using phone manager, if we could avoid phone manager and simply use the API. Does anyone know if this is possible via the API?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 07:52:22 AM »
Leadstream,

Alright, I looked at the Phone Manager 4.2 guide and the only way that it changes the CPN [Calling Party Number] is via the Agent Hot Desking feature. In reality it just uses the CPN of the Phantom port created for the agent and doesn't allow for it to be changed on the fly.

As for the API you will need to contact someone at Mitel Solutions Alliance about what can be changed via the OAI stream. Prior to OAI v10 this was not a feature, but then again neither was CPN and I have no experience with the API after v10 came out; sorry not very many customers want to create and support their own applications. If I had to make a guess though I would say that it is possible since the CPN does show up in the OAI stream.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 06:18:26 PM »
I checked this out and the ClientCTI.exe does not allow you to change the CPN

What you ideally need is a Pro license on Phone Manager and then follow the API document to change your CRM integration to use something like .NET DLL, .NET WCF.  You may be able to code to change CPN and make call at the same time.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10