Author Topic: Inside Calls Going to a Different Room  (Read 2314 times)

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Inside Calls Going to a Different Room
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
Hello, I work at a assistant living organization. For our phone systems, we use a Mitel 5000 v6.0.11.100. We have an issue with a certain room where outside calls to the room work just fine. But a call from the inside the building, using the same number, goes go to a completely different apartment. I checked the call routing tables, and everything looks correct. Is there something I'm missing on what could be causing this issue? Calls to the room by extension go to the correct location. Again, if I call from my cell phone, the call goes to the correct room as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance. Also any questions, please post, thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Inside Calls Going to a Different Room
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:27:17 PM »
branodnt.theisen,

Well my first instinct is that you have a Call Routing Table that is routing versus Incoming ANI/CID or in 5000 programming terms Outside Party Number; is this the case?

Another thing to look at is whether there is a + or E within your table and if there isn't add them at the end and route them somewhere different; for testing use your extension. Try one at a time so you know which one is actually doing the route or send each to a different place so you know which one it is following. If it follows either one of those then depending on which one the problem would be with the carrier.

+ - We received digits but they didn't match up with anything in our tables
E - We didn't receive any digits at all and therefore couldn't match up with anything in our tables.

Thanks,

TE

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »
If I go into Numbering Plan and look at the Local group, the dialing pattern is set as N+. Not sure if that is related. When calling, it is always going to the same wrong room. Sorry, I don't really know the in's and out's of the Mitel 5000 program. Just learning as problems come up. Sorry and thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 04:14:25 PM »
branodnt.theisen,

Alright, what I am referring to is not the Numbering Plan but the Call Routing Tables.

1. Identify the CO Trunk Group that controls the incoming lines.
    -   If this is a PRI or Analog Lines it will be in this area: System > Devices and Feature Codes > CO Trunk Groups
    -   If this is SIP Trunking it could be in this area: System > Devices and Feature Codes > SIP Peers > SIP Trunk Groups > {Trunk Group} > Trunk Group Configuration
2. Identify the Day and Night Ring-In Destinations. According to you they are Call Routing Tables.
3. When looking at the Call Routing Table that Day and/or Night are going to is the Call Routing Key set to Outside Party Number?

Thanks,

TE

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 04:39:53 PM »
No, each call routing table, the field "Call Routing Key" is set to Trunk Number. All our lines Ring-In Types are single also, if that makes a difference.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 09:50:05 PM »
branodnt.theisen,

Did you verify the rest of my original statement as well?

Quote from: Tech Electronics
Another thing to look at is whether there is a + or E within your table and if there isn't add them at the end and route them somewhere different; for testing use your extension. Try one at a time so you know which one is actually doing the route or send each to a different place so you know which one it is following. If it follows either one of those then depending on which one the problem would be with the carrier.

+ - We received digits but they didn't match up with anything in our tables
E - We didn't receive any digits at all and therefore couldn't match up with anything in our tables.

Thanks,

TE

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 11:16:02 AM »
I'm looking in the routing tables, and I don't see any + or E. I'm looking in the Trunk-Related Information section. Am I looking in the correct spot? Thanks?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »
branodnt.theisen,

Yes you are in the right spot, System > Trunk Related Information > Call Routing Tables > {table}: If you don't have a + or E add them at the bottom and route them somewhere to see if the call from an internal phone goes through those routes.

As previously stated.

+ is for digits we received but don't have in our list
E is for no digits received so we can't route

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10