Author Topic: Analog Sets support MiTAI? (MWI Issue)  (Read 2376 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Analog Sets support MiTAI? (MWI Issue)
« on: June 03, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Techs,
I have an interesting situation. As we all know programming the Mitel 3300 is a lot like Multi-Variable Calculus, where there is very often a number of solutions to any given problem. So, we have a MXe controller (6.0 SP2) that recently undergone a VM system change (From Exchange UM to NuPoint). The way we set our customers up on this controller is unique I'll try to draw a path best I can:
1) System Speed Dials = SIP DID goes to a Phantom extension (let's say 4270)
    a) The 4270 is setup as an "Analog Set" and placed on the phone button in the form of a VM MWI key.
2) 4270 has a "Call Reroute" (Always) to go to Hunt Group Pilot "#4270".
    a) #4270's Hunt group members are 4271, 4272, 4273, which are on the each phones buttons as "Key system". (This gives off the appearance of Line1, Line 2, Line 3.)
3) If the phone goes unanswered it goes to VM and you're able to leave a message, but never lamps the 4270 key that was setup as MWI.

My question is, does the Analog device type support MiTai? (Which NuPoint uses) Having it set as an analog device type, the MWI seems to have worked for the Exchange UM. So, for the time being I deleted the 4270 (Analog device type) and created another 4270 only this time made it a 5220 Dual Mode-Trusted ("Trusted" So it doesn't eat up a license) and low and behold, the lamping works.

Any thoughts/ideas appreciated!

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:40:54 PM by irongladiator »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Analog Sets support MiTAI? (MWI Issue)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:42:56 PM »
Is message waiting lamp enabled in the ons circuit descriptor?

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:01:47 PM »
Is message waiting lamp enabled in the ons circuit descriptor?

johnp,
That is one of the things I checked, and yes it is set. Again, the "Exchange UM" had no issues lighting the MWI key, only NuPoint does.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 03:15:09 PM »
I know the embedded analog don't support mw lamp but I would think an ASU would. Either way going to trusted may be your best choice.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 04:23:15 PM »
I know the embedded analog don't support mw lamp but I would think an ASU would. Either way going to trusted may be your best choice.

johnp,
Interesting, I did not know about the embedded not supporting MWI for analog device types (Thanks for that tidbit). I may open up a ticket with Mitel on this for verification, but you may be right the "Trusted" may be the way to go.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 06:36:32 PM »
I used to program a phantom per node to handle console blf, but have changed now to trusted. I still have one multisite that I have to go through and change but most are already redone.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 06:48:38 PM »
I used to program a phantom per node to handle console blf, but have changed now to trusted. I still have one multisite that I have to go through and change but most are already redone.

johnp,
Thanks for the assist in troubleshooting this one. Found the issue! Was a bad PLID, once we moved it to another open PLID. The MWI lights came back to life! What was weird was that we deleted the 5220 Dual Mode-Trusted and rebuilt analog set (As you know doing this kills the MWI Key programming) we lamped the MWI using NuPoint's CLI and in the maint command it showed as being lamped, but as soon as we programmed the MWI key back up the MWI light failed. So we then moved it to another open PLID and rebuilt and all was good! Our senior engineer thinks that a system reset will clear it up, but since this MXe hosts 100+ sites was deemed to not be reset until maybe a firmware update or something. Again thanks for the assist!

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10