Author Topic: tagging trunk group in caller ID in call history  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Stlrs83

• Contributer
    • View Profile
tagging trunk group in caller ID in call history
« on: June 03, 2015, 07:59:59 AM »
Have seen this topic on here before but have not heard of a fix. Talked to Mitel and they said system upgrade to 6.0 SP3 PR1 would fix but it did not. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: tagging trunk group in caller ID in call history
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:19:51 AM »
Stlrs83,

This is the answer I got back when one of our technicians ran into that problem.

"The Call History App should have an outgoing access prefix in front of outside numbers (i.e. 92000xxx-xxxx, 92001xxx-xxxx, etc). The reason for this is that the phone firmware did not implement a new command properly so we decided not to implement it. The reason we need to do this for the Call History app is that the digits are sent as if the user pressed the keys one by one, so we would not know up front whether or not it was an internal or external number. Conversely, the call logs feature does not need the outgoing prefix since we have more intelligence as to what the call log type is prior to dialing any digits."

Thanks,

TE

Offline Stlrs83

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »
Ok, so I think that means that the trunk group number prepending the telephone number is normal.  One thing I just noticed is that when I try to Dial-back a missed call that has a different area code than mine, for example 920011517xxxxxxx it dials out just fine.  When I try to Dial-back a missed call that is in my same area code which shows as 920011xxxxxxx after six or seven seconds I get the telco recording "Please hang up and place your call again, you have exceeded the time allowed to dial a call". 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:45:49 PM »
Stlrs83,

This may be a similar problem as the Call Logs; try this.

Make sure that the Home Area Code(s) are not Restricted under User Group 1 under Numbering Plan. System > Numbering Plan > User Groups > 1: Move your area codes from Restricted to Allowed; this is done through dragging and dropping from one list to the other.

See if that works for you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Stlrs83

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 08:08:45 AM »
That fixed it thanks!

Offline dfellows

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »
I am having the same issue on 5330 phones and a Mitel 5000, I allowed the local area codes, and now get the recording "You do not need to dial a 1 for local calls". We use 10 digit dialing. We tried feature code 333, and it has just the ten digit number, but when you hit the pound (#) key, it inserst the 1 and then dials the number. Any ideas to fix this.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 06:52:35 AM »
dfellows,

I am not sure that I follow exactly what you are doing, but have you checked your Area Flags.

System > Numbering Plan > Area Flags:

Office Codes Used As Area Codes: Yes
Area Codes Used as Office Codes: Yes
Local 7/10 Digit Dialing: Yes
Toll Digit Allowed on Toll Local Calls: No
Toll Digit Required on Toll Long Distance: No

Hopefully that may sort it out for you, otherwise we may need to look at some other stuff as your issue is not the same as the original post.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mismaili

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 09:41:48 AM »
Stlrs83,

This is the answer I got back when one of our technicians ran into that problem.

"The Call History App should have an outgoing access prefix in front of outside numbers (i.e. 92000xxx-xxxx, 92001xxx-xxxx, etc). The reason for this is that the phone firmware did not implement a new command properly so we decided not to implement it. The reason we need to do this for the Call History app is that the digits are sent as if the user pressed the keys one by one, so we would not know up front whether or not it was an internal or external number. Conversely, the call logs feature does not need the outgoing prefix since we have more intelligence as to what the call log type is prior to dialing any digits."

Thanks,

TE

Hello,

my caller ID history on the phone has 92000xxx-xxxx,,, it does not include the area code. and cannot dial out. Using feature code 333, 1 for missed calls then # it only dials the 7 digit number, and unable to dial out.

Miz
Stlrs83,

This may be a similar problem as the Call Logs; try this.

Make sure that the Home Area Code(s) are not Restricted under User Group 1 under Numbering Plan. System > Numbering Plan > User Groups > 1: Move your area codes from Restricted to Allowed; this is done through dragging and dropping from one list to the other.

See if that works for you.

Thanks,

TE

Tried that didn't work.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:18:45 AM by mismaili »

Offline mismaili

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 11:28:43 AM »
My issue was resolved, From Numbering plan-Facility groups- by moving the Home Area codes ID . Number 1 is for 7 digit dialing, so I took out area code  from number 1 and left blank. Entered my area codes into number 2 and 3.

Hope this helps.

Miz

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10