Author Topic: Reception - Handling multiple incoming calls  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Reception - Handling multiple incoming calls
« on: June 01, 2015, 11:16:20 PM »
Not sure if my brain is no longer working or what...

I have a office using a PRI , all calls to the main number ring a single reception station.  Out of habit I set it up like this
Call Routing Table --> Hunt Group --> Members = Phone Extension List with the Reception Station

When the reception is on the line and a 2nd call come in they receive a call waiting notification, what they want is to see the second call including caller ID.

I changed the programming to
Call Routing Table --> Reception Station

This achieves the desired effect where the 2nd call shows up on Call Key 2. 
Is there a better way to set this up that I am overlooking?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Reception - Handling multiple incoming calls
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 07:42:32 AM »
Hershel,

That solution is just fine as long as they only want it to ring one phone for incoming calls. If you need to ring multiple phones or even a single phone and still want to see CID then use an extension list; this will not follow a system forwarding path though. There are positives and negatives to all three solutions so you just need to be aware of what they are and what your options are. In the end your solution to ring the receptionist works fine and if they do not answer you can have a system forwarding path send the call to another destination.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »
With this setup is there a way to increase/decrease the number of rings for incoming calls only?

My understanding is that since I am using system forwarding the number of rings is controlled by the System Initiated timer but that is system wide. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 12:24:04 PM »
Hershel,

That would be one of the drawbacks to having a direct ring-in unfortunately. You could have the call forward onto a Hunt Group that breaks the station timers and instates the hunt group timers, but then you are back to where you were in the beginning. You could also just put that station into an extension list and then it wouldn't follow the System Forward Initiate Timer, but you can send it anywhere else until it is answered.

Thanks,

TE

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 05:45:12 PM »
I usually setup the same way:
Call Routing Table --> Hunt Group --> Members = Phone Extension List with the Reception Station
But, I add a phantom DN into the same Phone Extension List as the reception phone, put this same phantom DN on the reception phone and change the ring to 0.  This allows a 2nd call to ring onto the 2nd call key.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »
I usually setup the same way:
But, I add a phantom DN into the same Phone Extension List as the reception phone, put this same phantom DN on the reception phone and change the ring to 0.  This allows a 2nd call to ring onto the 2nd call key.

With this setup how does reception answer the second call that is coming in on the Phantom?  Do they have to use Reverse Transfer?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 12:40:50 PM »
Hershel,

I believe that lowradiation is referring to a secondary extension key since they referenced the Ring When value to be 0. At that point they would have to hit the phantom ports key to answer the call.

Thanks,

TE

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 01:16:36 PM »
Actually, the call rings in on the 2nd Call key (the phantom key also flashes)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10