Author Topic: SIP FXO recommendation  (Read 3153 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
SIP FXO recommendation
« on: June 01, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »
What are you guys using for a FXO device on the 5000, the SIP COE doesn't really have any but I have a customer with a remote site with 4 phones and 1 line and they want to get rid of the old Partner system at that location and run the 5330 IP phones and the line over the VPN back to the main 5000 system.

We always used to use the Multitech MVP210-FX on the 3300 but haven't had an application for it in a long time... Is that still a a viable option?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP FXO recommendation
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 03:59:16 PM »
Acejavelin,

It looks like a solid option, but I have never installed one on a 5000.

I have had good luck with the Audiocodes MP-104, but it is setup as a MGCP on the 5000 if that makes a difference to you. This is also documented and was supported by Inter-Tel and as far as I can tell it still works well.

As for what not to use though; that would be the Quintum(Sonus) AFT-400 or any Quintum product as they do not integrate well with the 5000 due to SIP/SDP mismatch issues.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 04:05:07 PM »
Lol... your shaking the cobwebs here a little bit, but I remember doing something like that with an MGCP gateway years ago on the 5000 before the merger with Mitel. Thanks, I will look into it.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »
Acejavelin,

It looks like a solid option, but I have never installed one on a 5000.

I have had good luck with the Audiocodes MP-104, but it is setup as a MGCP on the 5000 if that makes a difference to you. This is also documented and was supported by Inter-Tel and as far as I can tell it still works well.

As for what not to use though; that would be the Quintum(Sonus) AFT-400 or any Quintum product as they do not integrate well with the 5000 due to SIP/SDP mismatch issues.

Thanks,

TE
Any idea on an updated MGCP gateway? The MP104 has been discontinued since around 2007... How is the licensing for MGCP? (sorry, just heading out the door or I would look myself)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:14:08 PM by acejavelin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 06:48:59 PM »
I might look at using a Grandstream HT503, I haven't tried one on the 5000 but have done some testing on a 3300.

You may need to change the default sip port settings but it liekly would work and is inexpensive.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 07:27:49 AM »
Acejavelin,

They still have the MP-114 and MP-118 and they program the same as the MP-104 so you could try those; although it is more ports than you need.

As for licensing I believe those used to be a bundle when we bought it from Mitel direct, but I believe it just required a SIP license; haven't done one in awhile myself.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 07:31:17 AM »
We've had a lot of good luck with the MediaTrix units. (In fact these are the same one that Mitel has no re-branded and are selling themselves.) Like others this was on MCD systems though.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10