Author Topic: 5330e phone with Mitel Dect headsets  (Read 2549 times)

Offline dfellows

• Contributer
    • View Profile
5330e phone with Mitel Dect headsets
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:24:43 PM »
I am having a problem on two 5330e phones, with Mitel Dect wireless headsets. There is a delay, when answering an outside trunk, common B1 pots trunks, when the headset module is installed in the phone. It does not matter if you answer using the handset, hands free or the headset itself. The person calling, can hear the first couple of words, and then is sounds like a connection is made, lasting about a second, then the conversation is fine. On the headset, when the calling person starts to talk, it does the same thing. Its as if the headset module does not engage until after it have voice traffic over it. I can not find any timers, system or phone, that work on this. When the module is removed, the phone works perfectly. Have several others on different system, and they work perfectly. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5330e phone with Mitel Dect headsets
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 02:00:41 PM »
dfellows,

Try putting the headset on a different 5330 or use a different headset module on the existing one. I have seen this issue a long time ago and it seemed to be an incompatibility between the module and phone.

Thanks,

TE

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 02:06:45 PM »
I've seen something similar on a 3300.
The customer had a large ACD center.
They wanted to use Auto Answer so the call would automatically connect to the agent.
The problem was the call would connect but no audio for a second or two so the caller missed the 1st few words.
Mitel Tech support said the reason it did this was because the headset would go to sleep after not being used for a couple of minutes to save battery life.   There was never a solution for the problem.
You can test this theory out by making a call, hanging up and immediately answer an incoming call.  There should be no delay then.

Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 02:54:50 PM »
dfellows and Ralph,

If that is the case the 5000 has a solution for a power-saver mode called Headset Connect Tone; the following is the definition for it.

Some headsets have a power-saver mode that disables the headphone after a period of silence. To prevent these headsets from missing portions of incoming calls, enabling this flag allows the device to generate a tone that activates the headset before connecting to an incoming call. In the default state, it is disabled.

This feature is enabled on a per extension basis and is located in two places:

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {phone} > Flags: Headset Connect Tone
System > Phone-Related Information > Flags > Headset Connect Tone: Put in the extension

Thanks,

TE

Offline dfellows

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 10:33:45 AM »
I just wanted to place the solution that we came up with thanks to the help received here. I changed out the phones to an earlier build date, the phones we installed were build date 2014 50, I tried phones with build dates after that, including 2015 build dates, and had the same problem. Using the headset connect tone did not fix the problem, I also update to 6_0_11_117, and this did not help. Fortunately we had phones on truck stock that had a build date of 2014 45 and one 2012 24, and both work without any issues. I did leave the headset connect tone as yes in the flags. It seems that there must have been a firmware change between 2014 45 and 2014 50, that caused some connectivity issue between the headset and the phone. Thank you for the help and putting me on the right path to repair this, and my customer thanks you, this was driving them crazy.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10