Author Topic: CallXpress Voicemail  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
CallXpress Voicemail
« on: May 29, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »
Anyone tired integrating CallXpress with thethe 5000

I have a client that is coming off this product and it sounds pretty solid.  CallXpress has let my client know that they have an inexpensive upgrade option and that it integrates with Mitel.

I have done some 3rd party voicemail in the past  (MCD & 5000) with goodgood results

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: CallXpress Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 03:11:59 PM »
Analog voice mail connections?  You'll need analog station ports on the 5000, plus the ANALOG VOICE MAIL extra cost feature license.  Put those ports in a hunt group, check hg as VOICE MAIL.  then forward the phones to VM HG as needed.  The 5000 will send ext as DTMF when VM answers a port.
But this will still be much less functional than the built-in free UVM.  No look-ahead on transfers to busy station from auto attendant, no record-a-call, no intelligent display on phone, no queue announcements.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 04:28:46 PM »
Some customers need to be dragged into the 1990s kicking and screaming.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »
WHY?!?!

What does CallXpress give them that the built in voicemail does not? I bet nothing... Yet, direct transfer to voicemail would not work.

I am with DND ON here, this customer should just be told that you do not support it, that it isn't going to work as well, and will add an additional failure point to the system that isn't necessary.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »
Hershel,

I can see my fellow colleagues have a similar viewpoint to mine; we won't even install a NuPoint on a 5000 as it offers no real benefits. That being said I know some customers are set in their ways and the product states that it works with Mitel products, but I would be contacting them and finding out what type(s) of integration (Analog, SIP, OAI)  they provide and support, and what the customers equipment is setup for before going forward. In the end you can most likely be able to match or emulate the features they are using now.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 05:50:01 PM »
And if they don't have available analog ports they'll need one (or more) 4-port modules @ $460 and definitely need ANALOG VOICE MAIL LICENSE @ $140.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 06:01:28 PM »
We have done NuPoint in the past for visual voicemail on the UCA clients.   

I believe this client asked about it for a few reasons, none of which are deal breaker at this point.

1) CallXpress stores the voice message in Exchange

2) It allows for the use of a superuser account for sync, which NuPoint also does but the UVM doesn't

3) Call back option where users accessing message via their email either by listening through the PC speakers or having the system ring their phone.  This was a major factor in their old building as the info is confidential and work areas were not as private.  Now that the NEED isnt required it will just be dealing with the users losing this functionality.   

I resisted the urge to say no but resisted because we have had no major issues with NuPoint deployments.  Then again we came from an MCD background and had more hours on that VM then the UVM.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
I do understand that people get set in their ways. I used to work for an Inter-Tel Platinum dealer that used analog Octel voice mail until about 2004. The owner of the company liked the feature set and didn't want to change. Eventually, it reached the point that the disadvantages outweighed any benefits.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 06:55:28 PM »
I do understand that people get set in their ways. I used to work for an Inter-Tel Platinum dealer that used analog Octel voice mail until about 2004. The owner of the company liked the feature set and didn't want to change. Eventually, it reached the point that the disadvantages outweighed any benefits.

LOL, last year I rebuilt an Octel 50 or whatever the Smooth Operator was called on a Mitel 2000. Ended up running it on a compact flash, with a spare as backup.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 07:35:35 AM »
Hershel,

At this point I think I would try to move them in the direction of a full Mitel solution that you know and can support. If you are comfortable with the NuPoint on a 5000 then it is the one that most closely resembles the current solution. I have put in a request for the 5000 to be able to use a Superuser account, but at this point you can't depend on that happening.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10