Author Topic: Insufficient Bandwidth  (Read 3611 times)

Offline cgashlin01

• View Profile
Insufficient Bandwidth
« on: May 29, 2015, 04:16:26 PM »
Anyone ever get this?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Insufficient Bandwidth
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 04:31:03 PM »
cgashlin01,

Yes, and there are a myriad of reasons as to why you could be getting those and it doesn't always mean that you don't have enough bandwidth. The easiest thing to do is turn off the notification and just pay attention to your users reactions to QoS.

Go to System > Flags > Insufficient Bandwidth Alarm: Set this to No.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cgashlin01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 04:41:53 PM »
Since this is PRI any what ports or traffic and i supposed to QOS?

Also a little off topic on this but.....

Is there a way in the Mitel to have the SIP(asterisk) make calls through the Mitel? I can configure the Asterisk side no problem just trying to figure out what routes would need to be put into place in order for the Mitel to take those Sip calls and push them out the main number from the Mitel.

P.S. I love playing with this thing.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »
cgashling01,

Yes you can but you will need to change how you have some stuff setup in your original configuration.

In the 5000 you will set the Echo Trunk Number flag to be ON and you will direct calls to a Call Routing Table.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > SIP Peers > SIP Trunk Groups > {Asterisk trunk group} > Trunk Group Configuration:
Echo Trunk Number: YES
Day Ring-In Type: Call Routing Table {unused table number} <- This could be different than Night Ring-In type if you want something different to happen between day and night.
Night Ring-In Type: Call Routing Table {unused table number} <- This could be different than Day Ring-In type if you want something different to happen between day and night.

In the call routing table you will create three patterns as shown in the picture.
Blank is used for extensions on the 5000 just the way you did on the Trunk Group itself going to Collected Digits.
+ is used for digits we collected that do not match any of the digits from the Blank entry
E is used for not receiving any digits at all and you would want to send them to your operator or in the picture nothing which will send it to the Primary Attendant.

That should do it for getting calls to go out the 5000. The Asterisk users would need to have all of their calls go out the SIP Trunks to the 5000 regardless of what they dialed. When we see an extension it will match on the Blank entry in the Call Routing Table and go to that extension. When we see other digits we will send them directly to ARS which will then use the Numbering Plan Routes to match the dialed number and send it out. If they send us something we can't use it will go to the wherever you sent E to; I suggest the operator or a Call Routing Announcement that tells them they need to redial the number again and then hang up on them. Remember the Asterisk users will need to dial the number as it would need to be dialed from the 5000 and not from their location if they are in a different state or country.

Thanks,

TE

P.S. PRI does not require ports as it uses the ISDN protocol not IP and as such should never have any QoS issues since it is digital. The QoS would be for the calls that are between the 5000 and the Asterisk system since they are using IP and it is not as "mature" as the PRI ISDN protocol.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:18:20 PM by Tech Electronics »

Offline cgashlin01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:22:58 AM »
The mitel bandwidth issues are strictly on mitel only. We have not started using hte Asterisk side yet. However. we dont have VLANs setup and since I am new here I have just setup a switch for them and plan on implementing sometime in the next few weekends.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:01:18 AM »
cgashlin01,

Well if you really want to know or get a better idea why the 5000 thinks it has a network problem then the next time you see the alarm download the error logs. In those logs you will have one that ends in .ndl which stands for Network Diagnostics Log and it should have a little more expanded information as to what is going on.

I think we already had you turn on Expanded Message Print, but just in case make sure that it is turned on as well. This will have to be done while you are in On-Line Montior Mode as the flag we are turning on is not visible in the standard view.

Got to View > On-Line Monitor
Go to System > Maintenance > Message Print > Expanded Message Print: Yes

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10