Author Topic: How to set what line is used to call out when using DEE and a mobile phone  (Read 1459 times)

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
I've got a user who when using DEE will call both his desk phone and his mobile.

Only the line selected by the PBX when calling out to the mobile phone with DEE is not  the line I want.

We have 9 analog lines.  How would I configure what line/trunk is selected when PBX and DEE calls out for the mobile device?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:49:59 PM by unclejemima »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Unclejemima,

DEE should be using whatever the phone is set for under associated extensions.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {Extension} > Associated Devices > Outgoing Extension: This is how the phone knows what to use when you dial 8 or 9 depending on how your system was setup.

So to answer your question you can't really force DEE out one line since you would also force the extension user to only be able to use one line for their normal calls.

Sorry,

TE

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
Thanks.

Well, I tried as you suggested, only the phone is actually a phantom extension, not an actual IP phone.

Is there any way to select what line is used when DEE calls out on behalf of a phantom extension?

Basically I made a phantom extension, created a user and tied it to the phantom, then setup DEE to send calls to the mobile phone of the user.

Thanks for the reply!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Unclejemima,

Well at this point I would remove ARS Only from the Phantom Extension and then go to the Trunk Group that has the trunk you want to use and go to its Toll Restriction and make it Exempt from ARS Only. Then go back to the phantom extension and get into its Associated Extensions and change the Outgoing Extension to be the extension number of the trunk that you wan to use.

You do realize that this is an odd request and most likely no one has ever done this, especially with a POTS line.

Try it and let me know,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10