Author Topic: Need to configure extension list on Intertel CS-5200  (Read 1398 times)

Offline ttblum

• View Profile
Need to configure extension list on Intertel CS-5200
« on: May 28, 2015, 09:09:33 AM »
Hello,

I've just started administering an Inter-Tel CS-5200 running firmware 2.0.8.290.

My call flow is one where customers are calling a front desk.  The front desk then transfers the calls back to a group of 4 people, and it doesn't matter which person answers.

All 4 people are not usually at their desk at the same time, so it seems like a sequential hunt group would take a long time.  I'd rather have all 4 extensions ring at the same time, how can I configure this?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need to configure extension list on Intertel CS-5200
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 10:34:46 AM »
ttblum,

You will need to create an extension list.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Extension Lists > Hunt Group Members: Right-click in the open area on the right-hand side and select Create Hunt Group Members Extension List and take the first PXXXX number it gives you.

In the Description field of your new Extension list you can single-click and put a name in to better identify it later on. I normally make this similar to the name of the Hunt Group it will be used in.

Once you have finished that then double left-click the extension field to open it up. Then right-click and select Add to PXXXX List... . Next select the phone type of the phones that will be in the extension list and then click the Next> button. Find the first phone that you want to add and single-click on it and then while holding the CTRL key you can find and add the other 3. Once you have all four phones highlighted then click the Add Items button and then Finish.

Now we need to add the extension list to the Hunt Group and remove the other members from it. Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Hunt Groups > {hunt Group number} > Members: Right-click in the open are on the right-hand side and select Add to Members List... and then select Hunt Group Members Extension List and then click Next>. Find the PXXXX Extension list that you create earlier and single left-click on it and then click the Add Items button and then the Finish button.

The only thing left to do now is remove the other members from the list. Hightlight all the other members, hopefully all of them are included in your PXXXX list, while holding your CTRL key and then hit your Delete key on your keyboard.

That should be all you need to do in order to make that a Ring-All type Hunt Group.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10