Author Topic: Identify MWI Source  (Read 1452 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Identify MWI Source
« on: May 26, 2015, 01:21:49 PM »
I have a remote site that is reporting an MWI on their main phone. When they access that main phone's voicemail remotely, it has no new messages. They also say that when they attempt to check the message on the phone itself, it tells them the passcode is invalid.

I'm assuming another mailbox has notified that main phone of a voicemail message.

How can I identify what mailbox has sent this notification?

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Re: Identify MWI Source
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 01:33:18 PM »
One thing to check is that the MWI is for a voice message.  I have had clients unknowingly leave messages using the Message feature code (365) and open a ticket that their MWI light won't go off even though they have no messages.

Feature Code 366 clears these messages.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 02:11:47 PM »
If MWI lamp is flashing, press the message key WITHOUT GOING OFF HOOK.  It should tell you what phone or mailbox left the message.  The only way to do it through admin is to look at the MESSAGE NOTIFICATION PHONE field on each non-associated mailbox (mailboxes not matching a phone ext)...this would include hunt groups and special-purpose mailboxes such as general mbox.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:00:58 PM »
It's very possible the light was activate by accident bluewhite4. As dwayneg mentioned, you can see what lit the msg light by pressing the msg key while the endpoint is idle. You will then see the name/ext of whatever lit the light in the endpoints LCD. You can then press # to return the call, or press * to turn the light off. This is very common on this platform with new users. They call an extension and then press the msg key thinking that they are going to leave a message, but all they do is activate the called extension's message light.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10