Author Topic: Change outbound Caller ID  (Read 8733 times)

Offline cgashlin01

• View Profile
Change outbound Caller ID
« on: May 21, 2015, 02:39:51 PM »
hello There,

We have a PRI in our office in Florida. We then have a location in Californina in which I bought a DID and just it up ot forward to our main line.

Is there a way for us to have the phones in California that are linked via IP call out and display the California number we have?

The PRI is with carrier A and the DID is with Carrier B.

I know with SIP I can do just about anything I want however this is PRI.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Change outbound Caller ID
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 03:01:36 PM »
cgashlin01,

Well you are just full of questions this afternoon, but the answer to this one is not straight forward as it depends on a couple of things.

1. The version of software on both systems. I believe only newer versions of software will allow you to use the Calling Party Number of a remote site if at all, I have never tried.
2. Does the Carrier in Florida allow for Non-Native Caller ID to be sent out.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 03:10:34 PM »
The phone system doesn't care what you send for Calling Party Number;  I do this all the time. Any limitations would be with the carrier.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 03:38:25 PM »
DND ON is correct, you can send whatever CPN (calling party number) you want (even ones you don't own).  Proved this from a client by calling him from what appeared to be his own cell phone.  A couple of gotchas, though:
Some carriers and some states won't allow you to send caller ID not your own (I think LA doesn't, for example).
Long Distance can get you! If your LD carrier at main site sees a "foreign" caller they may bill that number as a "casual" biller (no account), so be sure you check this out.  Had one client who registered only his main number and after a couple months discovered that all of his LD from other DIDs was being billed at casual rates, which meant a monthly fixed charge for each plus minute charges.

Offline cgashlin01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 03:42:40 PM »
i have tried changing my caller party name and number and it does not reflect when i do outbound calling. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

I went here -

System\Devices and Feature Codes\Phones\Local\<phone>.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 03:59:23 PM »
cgashlin01,

You are at the correct spot to make changes to the Calling Party Number, and according to DND the version shouldn't matter on the systems; although I am not so sure about that. The issue is most likely that the Carrier in Florida is ignoring the CPN you are sending them since that number if not native to your PRI and they are substituting the BTN [Billed Telephone Number] associated with the PRI.

What you could do to test this feature is to change the CPN of a phone at the Florida location to output all zeros and then have that phone call you and see what is shows.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 04:05:57 PM »
Also remember that you cannot send out Caller ID Name to the PSTN, only the number, the name is only used for QSIG or SIP trunking integration between systems. When sending a call out to the PSTN, you can only send number and the name is looked up by the local carrier from a Caller ID database dip, that information is provided by your carrier to the caller ID database provider.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 04:51:33 PM »
Also be sure SYSTEM/DEVICES AND FEATURE CODES/CO TRUNK GROUPS/<your PRI group> has FORCE TRUNK GROUP CALLING PARTY NAME AND NUMBER set to NO.  That's the default, but might have been changed.
You might also try temporarily setting CPN for the trunk group to another number and see if that has any effect. That would tell you if the carrier is looking at what you send at all.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10