Author Topic: Audiocode MP-104  (Read 3143 times)

Offline cgashlin01

• View Profile
Audiocode MP-104
« on: May 21, 2015, 02:31:22 PM »
I have a MP-104 VOIP Gateway with 4 FX ports on the back.

I am unsure how to actually configure this thing. Mainly from the mitel side.

Anyone have a how to step by step with configuring VOIP Gateway? We want to be able to transfer calls to a remote location as well as when the user calls out it goes through our number.

Once it is configured do I just use a standard phone on it?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Audiocode MP-104
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »
cgashlin01,

First of all I believe that the MP-104 is an FXO gateway and doesn't have any FXS ports on it so the only thing you can use it for is to put POTS lines or analog ports into it. The remote location would also have to have a VoIP phone there in order to take calls from the system through the MP-104.

There is already a guide by Inter-Tel, which has been updated by Mitel, on how to configure those, but I am sure that you will have to downgrade the firmware to get it to work properly; which is why we don't use them anymore. Go the Inter-Tel site TheEdge through your Mitel Login and get the old firmware and guide on how to set it up. It is kind of a pain as the downgrade doesn't always work and you can brick the stupid thing and have to wait for Sonus, the new manufacturer, to fix it and return it if it is under warranty.

If you can't find the guide or the firmware let us know and I will see what I can do about getting it for you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cgashlin01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 03:38:44 PM »
i am unable to login as I do not have a login.
I thought that an analog phone pluged into the gateway and the gateway then plugs into the internet and communicates to the mitel.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
cgashlin01,

Hmm, there is a difference between FXO and FXS ports and you need to be aware of which you are purchasing when buying a gateway.

FXO - Foreign Exchange Office - is to install POTS [Plain Old Telephone Service] or Analog Lines/Stations into.
FXS - Foreign Exchange Subscriber/Stations - is to install Analog Devices off of it.

I looked up the MP-104 for you and it states that it is an FXO device gateway meaning you need to install POTS lines into it which would then communicate back to the 5000.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cgashlin01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 04:16:19 PM »
Any how tos on how to set this up?

Maybe a drawing too? lol. I have never used a gateway. I am used to SIP where things just work.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 04:23:02 PM »
Any how tos on how to set this up?

Maybe a drawing too? lol. I have never used a gateway. I am used to SIP where things just work.
I don't think you understand, this device is for outside loop start trunks, not phones... It allows the Mitel to access the outside lines of a remote site directly as if they were connected to the controller. It does not support analog phones at all.

As far as configuring it, you would first need SIP Trunk licenses in the Mitel 5000 and follow the Mitel guidelines for this specific device to configure it... Give me a couple minutes and I will see if I can find it.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 04:29:52 PM »
Here you go... Hope it helps, looks like it tested very poorly with the 5000 and failed most basic tests, but it is kind of an old document.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »
Acejavelin,

That document is for the MP-118 and doesn't really coincide with what is needed for the MP-104, from what I am reading. When I get into the office tomorrow I will send the document that I created for our technicians to setup the MP-104, but you will still need the old firmware to get all of the features working properly as they don't ship with firmware that will work with the 5000.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10