Author Topic: Remote IP phone problems  (Read 1909 times)

Offline MiLord

• View Profile
Remote IP phone problems
« on: May 21, 2015, 05:59:14 AM »
Hi,

trying to set up a remote IP phone for a customer. i've opened all the ports at the server end on his router. The phone makes a connection with the server and begins downloading from TFTP main. However it never moves on from that, it downloads and then starts from 0 again?

The phone used to be connected locally to a version 6 system. We're now trying to connect it remotely to a version 4 system. Could it be anything to do with the firmware on the IP phone?

Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Remote IP phone problems
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 06:58:07 AM »
MiLord,

It is an e-series phone that you are trying to put on a version 4 system? I have had a similar issue when trying to do that, but changing the phone to a non-e-series phone fixed the problem. Technically it shouldn't matter though since it just wouldn't be able to use the Gigabit portion of the NIC and I think some SIP stuff, but it should work.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 04:11:40 PM »
If the phone was on a version 6 system previously and is a 5330e/5340e series phone, you cannot take it back down to a version 4 system and use it... When the e series phones are shipped from Mitel, they have a generic firmware which will run on the 3300 or 5000 in a 5330/5340 (non-e) fallback mode so to speak, you will notice if you take a new one out of the box and put it on a older system it fails to download the firmware via TFTP... Once the phone has been connected to a system that supports it, it pulls the matching firmware via TFTP and the original firmware is overwritten, making it unusable on older systems that don't support the e series phones directly.

Offline MiLord

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 04:37:31 PM »
Its a 5340 phone (Non - E). So this should be working?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 04:41:01 PM »
MiLord,

I agree it should be working. Have you tried the phone on a different phone system; like one in your lab if you have one? It could be that the phone was unplugged or lost power during an upgrade and will need to be sent in for repair.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10