Author Topic: I Just want NameTag HGs to go to the users VM box!  (Read 2609 times)

Offline moona

• View Profile
I Just want NameTag HGs to go to the users VM box!
« on: May 19, 2015, 07:53:44 PM »
Hi guys,

We have a customer who have the scenario where all calls need to be tagged with a name so that recipients of the calls can greet the caller appropriately.

Calls come into the system and follow this path. They are using MiCC however they are NOT ACD agents.

Inward Dialling Modification-->Nametag HG-->IVR HG-->MiCC Workflow-->Blind transfer to RG-->Overflow to another RG

When these RG members answer calls and want to transfer them out to a user, calls that are not answered and go through to VM are trying to go the NT HG # and not the VM of that user.

Regardless of this setup any call that passes through a NameTag HG cannot be transferred to a user and then that call go through to their VM.

It should be a pretty simple ability on a phone system to tag a call with a name and then have the ability for the transferred call to go to the VM of that user if they don't pickup. Personally I feel this is fundamentally broken and poorly implemented.

I have spoken at length to Mitel Support who suggest this isn't possible, however I am hoping some of you clever folks have a workaround for this issue.

Appreciate any replies.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I Just want NameTag HGs to go to the users VM box!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 09:49:34 PM »
Sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but why jump through the NT HG at all?

Are you saying that each customer has their own NT HG, so that it's the name of the NT HG that shows up on the answering "agents" phone?

Or is it so that the answering "agent" knows which "queue" the call has come from?

Also, what Voicemail system as you using?

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 10:33:12 PM »
Sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but why jump through the NT HG at all?

Are you saying that each customer has their own NT HG, so that it's the name of the NT HG that shows up on the answering "agents" phone?

Or is it so that the answering "agent" knows which "queue" the call has come from?

Also, what Voicemail system as you using?

The NT HG displays on their phones (5330s) and they can then answer that call with the correct greeting depending on the number called.

i.e Someone calls 0123456789 and this directs to NT HG ABC Group and the RG member can answer with this name accordingly
     Someone calls 9876543210 and this directs to NT HG XYZ Corp and the RG member can answer with this name accordingly.

There is no Agents and no Queues. Hope this clears it up.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 10:50:28 PM »
Ok, understand now.

By agents I meant the people that answer your Ring Group calls, and by queues I meant Ring Groups.

So essentially you're using "Destination-based Call Display" here.

It's been my understanding that using a NameTag HG essentially overwrites the "from" on a call. So when a caller eventually hits the voicemail system, the "from" is still set to the NT HG's number, and not the users extension that was just ringing.

My only thought would be if you jumped through a ACD path somewhere. This would effectively reset the "from". Just not sure where/how you'd do that automatically.

I also have an idea if you're using embedded voicemail to counteract this, but it would be messy to maintain:

It would involve creating a *Ext for each extension on the system. Setting the Rerouting D/N1/N2 to the voicemail HG for each of these *Ext.
Then creating individual 1st Alternative index for each extension, set to the *ext nubmer.

So if you have extension 100, you'd have to create a NT HG of *100. Set it to be rereouted in D/N1/N2 to voicemail HG.
Then create/set a 1st Alternative Index number to point to *100, i.e. index number 10.
And set that new index number as the 1st Alternative point for 100. So extension 100's 1st Alternative would be index 10 in this example.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:58:36 PM by bluewhite4 »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 06:46:35 AM »
Have you tried using just the RGs to tag the name? The RG name should display when the call is presented to the "agent" without having the NTHG there.

Or maybe I am not understanding the issue.

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 05:50:36 PM »
Have you tried using just the RGs to tag the name? The RG name should display when the call is presented to the "agent" without having the NTHG there.

Or maybe I am not understanding the issue.

Hi

The problem is that to get calls into the MiCC I have to either use Call Rerouting or Call Forwarding to route the SIP numbers to the IVR HG and as soon as you do this without using a NT HG the first RG says 'From 8000 No Answer' 8000 being the HG I rerouted the SIP numbers too. It does not say this if you use a NT HG but does if it is just a standard Voice HG.

So name displays if I go Inbound SIP # --> Inward Dialling Modification --> To NT HG  ---> Call Reroute to IVR HG --> MiCC Workflow --> Blind Transfer to first RG

Name doesn't display (says From HG # No Answer) Inbound SIP #--> Inward Dialling Modification --> To Voice HG  ---> Call Reroute to IVR HG --> MiCC Workflow --> Blind Transfer to first RG

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10