Author Topic: Unsupervised CO - Twinning calls dropping at 5 minutes  (Read 3161 times)

Offline Heritage02Rider

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Unsupervised CO - Twinning calls dropping at 5 minutes
« on: May 19, 2015, 03:53:01 PM »
I have a scenario whereby we receive call to our desk phone line and they get twinned to our mobile phones. We noticing that if you are on a call at five (5) minutes, the call drops. At first we assumed it was an iPhone issue, then complained to the carrier. Neither appears to be able to solve the issue, especially since a call directly to a cell phone does not exhibit this behavior. The only other part is the twinning.

So, after looking around a lot for something that says 600 seconds or 5 minutes and I found System > Timers and Limits > Unsupervised CO is set to 5 minutes.

Help has this definition: "Limits the duration of outside calls transferred or forwarded to outside numbers before recalling the primary attendant."

First, has anyone ever had this happen?
Second, can anyone confirm that changing this will prevent the calls dropping and whether or not this actually has any affect on twinned calls?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Unsupervised CO - Twinning calls dropping at 5 minutes
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 04:14:34 PM »
You found the right timer, that will fix it.  This is a holdover from the days when line supervision was poor and a stuck LD call could cost big money.  Feel safe setting it WAY out there, whatever you're comfortable with.
By the way, before the call disconnects it will give you a warning beep and pressing any DTMF key then will restart the clock.

Offline Heritage02Rider

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 04:30:37 PM »
Thank you. You are correct. I tested and call dropped at 5 minutes. I set to 255 and call continued on as expected.

One thing is, none of us were getting a beep or option to DTMF anything. The call would just drop.

Anyway, it appears to have resolved a lingering issue.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:14:21 PM »
Heritage02Rider,

You would only get the warning on older systems before they changed the timer that used to control that feature.: Unsupervised CO Conference.

Now that timer exists under the System > Conference-Related Information > Meet-Me Conferencing which allows you to press a button to continue the conference; I think.

In the older system it would ring back to the Primary Attendant who would answer the Unsupervised call and then they would determine what to do with it.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10