Author Topic: Doc on how to convert to DLM?  (Read 2983 times)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Doc on how to convert to DLM?
« on: May 19, 2015, 02:03:21 PM »
Does anyone have a doc or know where to get the doc on how to convert an existing cluster to using a Designated License Manager (DLM)?
I wasn't able to find a how to on MOL.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Doc on how to convert to DLM?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 04:29:06 PM »
In the system help file choose: System Programming/Licensing and Dimensions/Application Group Licensing Example.

You must make sure all SWA terminates at the same time. You may also need to have them set the DLM record to that date.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 06:43:38 PM »

You must make sure all SWA terminates at the same time. You may also need to have them set the DLM record to that date.
Yep DLM needs to line up as well, and what you may find is that when you order the DLM it only comes with 3 months SWA, so you then have to order the difference as well. PITA!

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »
I don't believe that SWA has to line up any longer. Mitel fixed this a while back ago; I have an email from a Mitel SE regarding this change. Also, as an FYI, if anyone has ever experienced license violations due to loss of connectivity, and with nearly 50 controllers we are no stranger to this, the AMC support will now reset the violation clock. See response from AMC support:

"Reply to this Email to update the ticket.  AMC Support will be notified when you update the ticket.

Last Troubleshooting Note:
What is the app record of the DLM you wish to have the timer reset for?"

If you contact AMC support and let them know that the DLM is in violation and provide the GARID, they will extend out the violation timer. They are aware of this issue, we made a big statement to them regarding this when all of our sites started displaying the VIOLATION on the phones. We went through a period of one month, offices shutting down for maintenance and moves for extended periods.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 07:54:16 PM »
I would make sure they do. Have done a few and that's what I make sure happens. Because I've been there and done that with bad results.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 09:21:31 AM »
In the system help file choose: System Programming/Licensing and Dimensions/Application Group Licensing Example.

Thank you to everyone for you help with this.  My little project is now complete.  I just don't do it often enough to have it down.
Turns out that the doc I was looking for was right in the help files.   I did look there before posting but didn't find it when I did the search.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 08:56:46 PM »
Glad to hear it went well, tried to post the gotcha's that I've had

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10