Author Topic: How do i configure my 3300 cxII to use analog lines  (Read 3650 times)

Offline jf1221

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How do i configure my 3300 cxII to use analog lines
« on: May 18, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »
I have the on board 6 LS trunks that I want to uses with my two analog lines in the US for incoming and outgoing calls? I have programmed PRI's and SIP circuits before, but never analog phone lines.

Offline sxwizard

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: How do i configure my 3300 cxII to use analog lines
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 05:10:09 PM »
Best way is to follow the built in Help files. Go to Trunks>Analog>Analog Trunks and click on Help in the upper tight corner of the ESM. When the Help file opens click on the "Program Analog Trunks" link at toe top of the page It will walk you through the steps. If you have done PRI and SIP trunks then Analog should be a snap.

Offline jf1221

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »
ok. so did that and i am almost there...i am having truble with outbound calling. I have been playing and tweaking the ARS, to no avail. everytime i try calling locally. I get the message that the number cannot be completed as dialed. I am stripping the 9, i have tried to send 7 digits and 7 digits plus 3 for area code.  also inbound works, but my phones dont start ringing till the 4th ring. Is this a CO tone detection problem?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 04:31:12 PM »
Create a tone file that listens for nothing and outpules after 1 second then add it to your modified digits i.e. something like delete 1 and insert <T01>

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 05:17:08 PM »
also inbound works, but my phones dont start ringing till the 4th ring. Is this a CO tone detection problem?

Is the CO line providing Caller ID? If not, then you probably need to change your Analog Trunk Circuit Descriptor's CLASS option to No.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 04:03:10 AM »
Try 92 and 6 digits to follow strip the 9 and make sure your digit mod is only taking away the 1 digit. Do the same for all your local numbers. So 93 and 6 digits etc. If you have to use the area code then make it 9 (first digit of area code) + 9 digits to follow.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 06:40:48 AM »
Do what johnp said and it should work. You are sending digits too quickly to the PSTN and that timer will slow the roll of the 3300.

Can't be a CLASS issue since it is outbound failure, not inbound.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »
Surely that is only an issue for pulse dialling since it will probably be set to outpulse after 4 digits unless someone has change it to overlap?

Offline sxwizard

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 03:56:24 PM »
For the delay in ringing - in the COS you assigned in Trunk Attributes go to ANI/DNIS Number Delivery Trunk and click No.

For the dialing error assign a Tone Plan to the route for analog trunks. In the Tone Plan set Maximum Wait for a Tone to 10 and Action on Time out to Outpulse Default. Then in Tones to Detect ad an entry with Tone to Detect set to NA Precise Dial Tone (assuming you are located in NA) and Action To Take set to Outpulse Default

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10