Author Topic: Select number of phones to have access to another VM box  (Read 4031 times)

Offline SitrucKram

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Select number of phones to have access to another VM box
« on: May 18, 2015, 12:54:19 PM »
Hi,

I have an unassociated mailbox that I would like for a select number of people to have access to (with message indicator LED) through the use of their desk phones.  I have tried programming a key to the VM box, but was unsuccessful.  I know that I can create a message notification endpoint, but that does not work with multiple phones.  HELP!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Select number of phones to have access to another VM box
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 01:21:13 PM »
SitrucKram,

Unfortunately that is not possible on the Mitel 5000; only the Mitel 3300 has that capability. If this is something you have working on other mailboxes then you most likely have a 3300 and not a 5000.

We can emulate a "similar" function, but I do not recommend it as it is message delivery not message notification.

Sorry,

TE

Offline SitrucKram

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »
Hmm, that's not what I expected.  Anyway, do guys/gals know of a way to just have an indicator for a new message?  I can train people to dial the voicemail box directly, but I need a stopgap solution.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 01:52:42 PM »
SitrucKram,

I am not sure what you are requesting this time as it seems to be the same question again; most likely I am reading it wrong.

When a mailbox is shared by several phones, or belongs to a hunt group extension number, a specific phone must be designated to receive the message notification. If non-associated mailboxes are programmed, you must disable the Validate Voice Mailbox Number feature under System Flags to allow phone users to dial the non-associated mailbox numbers.

Hopefully that answers your question a little.

Thanks,

TE

Offline SitrucKram

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »
I just seem to remember being able to just have an LED indicator to a specific button on our 8560 phones that allowed for us to see when a message was sitting in a specified mailbox.

I wouldn't really want the ability to dial an alternate Message notification/retrieval app to be dialed in order to review the messages, as that can be done through the existing application.  I'll keep digging.  At the very least, would it be easy to set up an email notification to a group of people (distribution list) when a new message is received?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 02:36:52 PM »
SitrucKram,

That ability may have been in a previous phone system as most of them have that capability, but never on an Inter-Tel/Mitel 5000. You are more than welcome to keep digging and if you find a solution then please post it as everyone would love to know about it.

As for setting an email notification that is what I would normally recommend to customers. All you have to do is setup the E-Mail Gateway if it hasn't already been done and then set the E-Mail Synchronization of that mailbox to Forward and Copy and put in the email account of the distribution list created in your E-Mail Server.

Alright here is the only solution that I have implemented, but I really don't like giving out. Keep in mind the keymaps on the phones may be an issue if they don't have any open buttons available for this solution.

1. Create a Phantom Extension: System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phantoms and Hot Desk Profiles. Right-click on the right-hand side in an open area and select Create Phantom.

2. Create a Call Routing Announcement: Voice Processor > Devices > Applications. Right-Click on the right-hand side in an open area and select Create Call Routing Announcement.

3. Add an unused Audiotex Recording: Voice Processor > Devices > Applications > Day & Night. Remove the default 1 Voice Mail Greeting and add an unused recording number; I normally use the last two digits of the Call Routing Announcement, but any unused recording will do.

4. Create a System Forwarding Path: System > Phone-Related Information > System Forwarding Paths. Find an unused Forwarding Path and in the First Forwarding Point 1 put in the extension number of the Call Routing Announcement created in step 2.

5. Go back to your Phantom and add the System Forwarding Path: System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phantoms and Hot Desk Profiles > Forwarding Paths. Right-Click on the right-hand side in an open area and Select Add to Forwarding Path Lists... and then select the Forwarding Path created in Step 4.

6. Setup the Forwarding Path for IC Calls Only: System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phantoms and Hot Desk Profiles > Forwarding Paths > {number}. Make sure that everything is set to No Except Station - Immediate, System - Day Mode, System - Night Mode, Fwd Call Type - IC Calls; which should be set to Yes.

7. Create a Secondary Extension on all phones that you want to "Notify": System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {extension} > Programmable Keys. Select an Undefined Programmable Key that is assigned to each users Keymap. This can be a little tricky depending on how the keymaps are setup. Change the Undefined Key to Secondary Extension Key and then change the Selection field to the Phantom Extensions number and change the Ring When field to 0.

8. Turn on Remote Message Notification of the Mailbox: Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes > {mailbox number}: Remote Messaging - Yes

9. Setup Primary Message Notification to the Phantom Extension: Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes > {mailbox number} > Primary Message Notification: Set Call For Each New Message to Yes, Set the Time and Dates you want to "Notify" your users of messages.

10. Setup the Primary Cascade to go to the Phantom Extension:  Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes > {mailbox number} > Primary Message Notification > Cascade Levels: Right-Click and
Add Cascade level(s), you only need one. It should start as an IC type so change the Destination to the Phantom Ports Extension and set the Enable Notification to Yes.

Now, what this will do is whenever a message is left in the mailbox it will call the phantom extension to try and deliver the message to them. Since each user has a secondary extension of that phantom as a key on their phone it will start flashing, but not ring since we set the Ring When to 0. They could press the button to answer the Voice Processor and then go through the steps of receiving the message or they could use another method to retrieve the message.

Alternate Method. You need a Voice Mail key programmed on the phone. Press the Voice Mail key, Press *, Dial the Mailbox number, Dial the Password, Listen to message.

Thanks,

TE

Offline SitrucKram

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 04:40:08 PM »
That worked out well.  Thank you for your detailed response.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 05:02:13 PM »
SitrucKram,

I just noticed that I forgot to tell you to record the Audiotex Recording that you assigned to the Call Routing Announcement. The recording should say something along the lines of, "This call is currently being handled".  Hopefully you know how to record these type of messages on your system, but if not let me know and I can walk you through it.
How this works is that if you use the first method of answering the message delivery then it is possible that more than one person may try at the same time. If that happens then we want a recording to kick in to tell them that the other person got it and then hangup on them.

If we didn't do the forwarding to this Call Routing Announcement and two or more people pressed the Secondary Extension Key at the same time, one of them would get the call and then the
second person would be ringing the station which would light the lamp again and another person could answer them; causing a little confusion.

Thanks,

TE

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 12:58:13 AM »
You can get the Mitel Phone Manager software.  It has a group messaging capability that can light the message light on multiple phones for a single mailbox (it lights the built-in message key - pressing it will show which mailbox has the message on the display)
The base Mitel Phone Manager license will provide this functionality

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10