Author Topic: Added new phone- No two way audio  (Read 6144 times)

Offline Hellvis

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Added new phone- No two way audio
« on: May 18, 2015, 11:05:29 AM »
I have a Mitel 5000 with 5330 phones throughout the office. I purchased a new phone from Amazon for a new employee, plugged it in, set the static ip, gateway, etc., and everything seemed ok, display is good, no error messages on startup.... but when the phone rings the employee cannot hear callers and the end user doesn't hear my employee. There is no audio either way.
I am no expert by any means so it may be a simple solution but any help is appreciated. Thanks so much.

*Note - this is on both extension to extension calls and to external calls.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Added new phone- No two way audio
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 11:44:22 AM »
Is this is the same network as the controller?
Next, I'd verify the subnet mask matches all the other phones.

Ralph

Offline Hellvis

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 11:48:30 AM »
I confirmed that the phones are on the same network as the 5000.
And yes, subnet matches all other phones. Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 12:11:04 PM »
Hellvis,

Have you verified whether the issues when using the speaker phone and the handset or just the handset? It may be that you have a bad handset/cord or it is plugged into the wrong port on the back of the phone.

If that seems to be okay then you can see if it is the programming. The fastest way to do this will require you to unpin a known good phone as well as this new phone and then repin the known good phone with the non-working phones extension. If the problem continues then we can look at how to fix the programming of the non-working phone, but it is usually something simple although easily missed.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hellvis

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »
It is both on the handset and speaker, no audio either way. Also when calling external numbers there is no ringing sound while I wait for an answer. It will connect but no sound on either end.

I moved the phone to another desk and did what you asked (un-pin and re-pin) but no luck, same problem. No audio.   :(

Edit - Just to make sure I did it right though.... The phones have a static IP so no PIN required. What I did was go to the other desk, unplug the working phone and plugged in the non working one and got the same result. Should I change the IPs???

Update - changed the IP to a working phones IP address, no change.

Is there a possibility that it is bad cabling? Edit - Tried connecting direct to switch, no luck there either.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:11:48 PM by Hellvis »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »
Hellvis,

Your test was done incorrectly and I will explain why. When we refer to pinning and unpinning a phone we are talking about the extension associated with that device; which on an IP Phone is its MAC address and has nothing to do with its IP address.

So to unpin a phone go into database programming, System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones and then look for you extension in the right-hand side pane. When you find it then right-click on the extension, any field, and select Clear Pin Registration. At this point that phone will no longer work until you go to it and use the *** feature and a valid extension number. If the original programmer turned on the replace code, default ###, you could just unplug the non-cleared pin phone and then use the ### feature code and a valid extension number of a phone not plugged in and the information will move over to it.

Try that and see if the problem stays with the extension or moves with the device.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hellvis

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 02:30:24 PM »
OHHHH... Duh.    ;D

Ok I did that, went to another phone, pinned it with the extension and same thing. When I went to the new employees office and pinned with another extension it worked perfectly. So my guess is that the phone is ok, the device must not be programmed properly. So how can I check that? I know the static IP is good, I have the subnet correct 255.255.255.0.... I know I am missing something though.

PS - I really appreciate your help, my vendor is nowhere to be found and I am trying to get the new employee up asap. Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:33:00 PM by Hellvis »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 02:46:28 PM »
Hellvis,

That is great news, we can fix bad programming, but we can't fix bad devices.

Alright, since you seem like you are not very intimate with the system we will try to do this the easy way. First of all since the phone is coming up it has nothing to do with the IP Address so don't worry about your network anymore since we resolved that issue with the previous test.

Get into database programming and go to the following area: System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones. Find a phone that is known to be working on the same network, the phone you tested with is a good option. Right-Click on the known good extension and select Copy {extension} and then Right-Click on the known bad extension and Select Paste {extension}... Then click on the Clear All button to clear all of the checkboxes and then look for the IP Setting checkbox and check that. Once that is done select the OK button and then go out to the phone that isn't working and test it.

Let us know if it fixes your problem.

TE

Offline Hellvis

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »
I did the copy and paste for the IP Settings but unfortunately it did not work.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 03:35:53 PM »
Hellvis,

Darn, I was hoping that was going to work for you. I guess first things first, try resetting the phone to make sure it takes the updates. If it still doesn't work then let's look at some of the programming of the phone.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {good extension} > IP Settings: and look at the following items and write them down to see can verify on the extension that isn't working.

Call Configuration: 1 [Default]
Reserve IP Resource for Device: No [Default]
Network Group: PP029 [Default]
NAT Address Type: Native [Default]

Under the Network Configuration we should have the following settings.

MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 [Default] <-This should have a valid address
Audio Stream Receive Port: 50100 [Default]
Call Control Timeout: 15 [Default]

Keep in mind not to change any of the working extensions values, as they may not be defaulted, just record them and then go to the extension that isn't working and verify they are the same.

Thanks,

TE

Offline CBeyer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 11:13:39 AM »
My god... my exact issue and the OP doesn't follow up. SO much frustration!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10