Author Topic: VM email notification stopped working  (Read 2744 times)

Offline dan231

• View Profile
VM email notification stopped working
« on: May 13, 2015, 09:26:31 AM »
Our email SSL expired and we had it renewed.
Since it expired, we have lost the voice mail notification emails.

We have all mail routed through a barracuda spam filter, and mail is not hitting this device.
I don't know what really to check - I'm assuming its an Exchange setting somewhere.

Any ideas you can share?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: VM email notification stopped working
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 09:41:41 AM »
Dan231,

The only SSL in the 5000 that you can access is through the web interface; you can upload your own if you want. I assume the SSL you are referring to though was on the Exchange Server and it is no longer recognizing the SSL authentication of the 5000.

Have you looked at the logs in the 5000 to see what it is showing as the problem?

Thanks,

TE

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:47:30 AM »
Yes, sorry - the SSL was for Exchange only.  Prior to the expiration, all was working fine.

Logs - no  :-[

How can I access the logs?

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 10:26:39 AM »
I found the logs, but don't know how to read them / know what I am looking for.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 11:19:19 AM »
Update - I still haven;'t figured out the logs, BUT...
I now know what happened.

With the new SSL, we had to create a new DNS entry for our mail server, so its now set to route internally.
I did like the visual log form the spam filter though...would there be a setting to route this through the spam filter again

or is it as simple as using an outside DNS?
and if yes, where can I find that info to change?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 11:37:56 AM »
Dan231,

Well there are few settings that you may need to look at since I am not sure what DNS you actually changed. This sort of all depends on whether you are doing Enhanced or just Forward and Copy on the mailboxes or maybe both.

First place to start is System > IP Settings and the following fields will be required to make UM work.
1. Obviously a network address, subnet mask, and gateway. This shouldn't have to change.
2. DNS Server Primary and Secondary IP Address. I usually make one of these Internal and one External.
3. DNS Search List. This is very important to know and can be found by doing an IPCONFIG -all and looking for the DNS Suffix Search List under Windows IP Configuration of a PC on the Network.

Next you will need to go to System > E-mail Gateway and verify that all the information there is correct. <-- This is where you would change the DNS Entry for the Exchange Server if you are using Forward Only or Forward and Copy.

Then go to a mailbox that you are testing with Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes > {mailbox} > E-Mail Synchronization and verify that it is either Forward Only, Forward and Copy, Enhanced, or Blackberry Integration; most likely not the last one but something other than Disabled. Now depending on what is chosen on the Synchronization Level would depend on whether you need to worry about other fields here; just make sure that if it doesn't have a Red X that you put something in there. DO NOT change the E-Mail Client Message Format from WAV to MP3 on all of your mailboxes and that could cause you some problems further down the road due to processing power issues. **The entry for E-Mail Server here is what you would change for the DNS entry if you are using Enhanced or Blackberry Integration**.

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:41:29 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 01:16:34 PM »
Thank you.  I've got it working!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10