Author Topic: DID to DEE not working  (Read 5301 times)

Offline jakeys1999

• Contributer
    • View Profile
DID to DEE not working
« on: May 13, 2015, 08:59:04 AM »
Good day all,

I have a Mitel 5000 HX 6.0 rel 28.   Dynamic Express works when a user internally dials an extension it will ring the desk phone then the second destination(cell phone).  However we have an 800 number that is being forwarded to one of our DID's by our provider, through Call routing table 1 to the same extension.  It fails to ring the cell phone.  If I am missing any information that may assist in figuring this out please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Jakeys

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DID to DEE not working
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 09:26:20 AM »
jakeys1999,

Are you trying to Propagate Original Caller ID, it could be that the carrier is not allowing this and blocking the call. It is different for Internal Calls since the outbound Caller ID would be whatever you normally outpulse.

Make sure that the Propagate Original Caller ID is turned off on the CO Trunk Group or the extension you are working with and see if that fixes your problem. If it does then go back to the carrier and tell them you need these two things.

1. Control of outbound caller ID. This is to allow you to outpulse what you want the caller ID to be.
2. Allow for Non-Native Caller ID. This is to allow you to outpulse the Caller ID of a number you do not own.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jakeys1999

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
TE,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I have verified Propagate Original Caller ID is off on the CO Trunk Group and the EXT. No luck.  I did however notice watching call activity that the EXT in question is trying ot dial out to PP065, I have check all trunk outbound access and cant seem to find PP065 anywhere.

Jakeys

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 11:22:26 AM »
Jakeys1999,

Well that is because PP065 is the Personal Call Router extension and you can only find that if you turn on the Online Monitor and look under Users; which I don't suggest doing.

Are you sure this call is ringing directly to this extension?

Let's try forwarding calls manually through the phone and out to the cell phone see if that works, don't forget to turn off DEE when you test this.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jakeys1999

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 06:55:13 AM »
TE,

Thank you for clarifying the PP065 it was driving me crazy not knowing where it was.  I have successfully forwarded calls to my cell phone with DEE turned off.

I also want to mention that DEE handoff does not work either.

Thank you,

jakeys

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 08:07:25 AM »
Jakeys1999,

Alright, so the issue isn't with getting the calls out it is with how the carrier is accepting the call most likely. Do you have anything in the Calling Party Name and Number fields? If not put in a valid 10-digit DID number and then test your DEE again.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jakeys1999

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 09:54:40 AM »
TE,

I did have a valid 10 digit number in the calling party number no luck, tried 1+area code also. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 10:42:28 AM »
We have had issues like this with cell phones that are long distance numbers, the carrier is not accepting the call because the original number is being passed through as caller ID and they do not know the billing information for that number and instead of using the default billing number they reject the call. You can see this quite easily watching the ISDN signalling trace in the ssh terminal.

Offline jakeys1999

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 10:46:54 AM »
TE,

The issue has been resolved, for whatever reason(I'm the only one with access to programming) the Calling party number was removed from the CO Trunk Group. I don't understand why it would only affect the DEE dialing out. Found this out working with TELCO and having them watch the trunk, they informed me that the caller id was missing when the DEE initiated the call.

Thank you for all of your assistance.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 10:59:17 AM »
Jakeys1999,

Does this feature work on any other stations or is only programmed for this one?

I am only asking as some of the tests are inconclusive as to what the real problem is here and my next step is difficult to perform if you are not a certified technician or understand ISND setup messages; so I am trying to find a pattern here.

You said that it works is you have DEE on and call the station internally, but handoff doesn't work and neither does a direct call. Is the cell phone that you are trying to call out to a long distance number in relation to the carrier? If so you may have an issue with the phones restrictions on dialing out, such as an account code or denial of service.

The main difference in the setup of a call between an internal call and an external call is that we have the ability to propagate the original caller id, but in your case you said that it is turned off at both the CO Trunk Group and the Extension so that shouldn't be the problem. Obviously since it works when using an internal call then DEE is setup properly, but you said you can't handoff which is not normal if a internal call would work. At this point I would say that we are missing something obvious and without seeing the programming I am having a hard time picturing what it could be.

First off let's see if we can make this work on a test phone and go from there. Create a phantom extension and then create a user for that phantom extension. Make sure the phantom does not have any restrictions on it; ie it can make any type of call we want to make. One of the main things to look at on the phantom extension is the Associated Extension > Outgoing Extension field and make sure it is setup to use the feature code for ARS, which on a default phone system is 92000; should have a green diamond next to it. Now, inside the User programming make sure that DEE is turned on and then make sure that you have a valid cell phone number in the mobile extension field. We may need to look at the CO Trunk Groups if you are not allowing all phones to call out by using the auto-populated PP051 extension list; just add the new phantom extension manually to the list along with whatever else you have there then test it by calling the phantom internally. If that works then we need to find an available DID and assign it to the phantom port and then call that DID via a cell phone that is not the one used for the phantom's user and see if that works.

If you need a more in-depth instruction on how to set all of that up just ask and I will go into more detail. If you have one that is already setup and working then we won't need to go through all of this.

Thanks,

TE

P.S. Nevermind, figured it was something obvious that was missed. Congrats on figuring it out!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:00:54 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 11:09:41 AM »
Jackeys1999,

Ah, don't forget to do a backup database save to the system just incase.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jakeys1999

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 11:18:45 AM »
I did, thanks again.  I had not thought about the outbound caller id on the CO trunk group as all other calls were working fine.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 11:58:35 AM »
Jakeys1999,

Not a problem, but it shouldn't have been an issue as long as the Calling Party Number associated with the extension was a valid one; ie associated with that ISND circuit.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10