Author Topic: call fwd all on 5320e offsite phone  (Read 3415 times)

Offline e scent

• Contributer
    • View Profile
call fwd all on 5320e offsite phone
« on: May 12, 2015, 12:13:35 PM »
Feature button for call forwarding ALL (355) on a teleworkers offsite 5320e phone. When trying to input the number to call fwd to a cell phone, it will not take the digit "4", which is the first digit of the area code. It will take office extensions (start with 3) and other 7 digit phone numbers that don't start with a "4". (Those will forward just fine.)

The digit 4 input shows an error with something about reverse call failure ?? (At least according to this worker, I cannot see the phone.)

Feature code 355 works just fine within our office on our 8528 phones when forwarding to a phone number starting  with a "4".

Unfortunately, I am the defacto phone administrator around here and not a phone tech. I do have a little self-taught literacy in the Mitel DB programming software.  (I changed the feature button on the 5320 phone from speed dial to call fwd all.)

Thanks for any consideration you may be able to extend.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: call fwd all on 5320e offsite phone
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:04:02 PM »
e scent,

The problem the person on the remote phone is having is that they are not putting in the code for an outside call prior to putting in the phone number. The feature code for reverse transfer is 4 which is obviously an invalid feature code after you have dialed 355.

So try this, 355+8+{outside number}

Thanks,

TE

Offline e scent

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »
Yes, she did the entry with an 8 first (for an outside line), but with a "4" as the next digit she got the error.

Other 10 digits phone numbers, that don't start with a "4" and that were entered after the "8" digit worked just fine - they inputted and forwarded just fine.

Our office uses the call pickup "4" code quite a bit on a daily basis.  Not sure why a "4", when used after the "8" entry on the IP phone it shows as a call pickup failure.  Phone numbers that start with a "4" (it is an area code starting with a "4") call fwded on our 8528 phones in the building can be inputted and work just fine.

She also tried using a "1", even though the 404 area code is a local prefix and with her IP phone on our network she can out dial  10 digit numbers (with area codes) used around Atlanta like we can; without using a "1" in front (they are 10 digit numbers, but NOT long distance in the Atlanta area).

Of course, it could still be operator error, since I cannot verify her keyed entries myself.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 03:40:26 PM »
e scent,

Why don't you just do it yourself using the remote programming code [359]. Before you start just make sure you know what the programming feature code really is as they can be changed and you also know the password of the phone, just go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > Extension of Phone > Passcocde and just clear it out by right-clicking and select Edit Passcode and leave both field blank. When it asked for the passcode during the remote programming portion then just leave it blank.

[359][Extension][Passcode][355][8][Number]

Thanks,

TE

Offline e scent

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 12:48:09 PM »
Thank you for the very helpful information on remote programming.

To gain literacy, I tried it on the phone extensions inside our office thinking the VM pass code on the extension was the one to use, but could not get remote programming for my personal extension to work with my VM pass code.  So evidently every "phone" has a pass code set up which is different from VM pass codes.  (And the reason you suggested to go into the software and "remove" it for the offsite IP phone extension)?

Since I found  separate instructions on resetting a VM pass code, I think the answer is "yes"  in  that "phones" also have a unique pass code.  (And I found "Change Station Pass Code" - feature code 392 to do it from a phone.)

Am I correct to assume that most office phone users would rarely have a need to know this password? And that the supposed default code for each station (extension) when a phone system is first set-up is the extension number followed by a #?

Oddly enough, the default station (phone) pass code didn't take for my extension.  I will clear it in the software (as you suggested for the IP phone) in order to test remote programming ability before trying the off-site IP phone, but before I do so, I wanted to ask if day to day functionality within the system could be impinged by me removing or changing the phones extension's pass codes?

BTW my 8528 phone is set as an administrator (I see system error messages on my display).

Thanks for your patience and consideration.
Ed

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 02:01:13 PM »
e scent,

I can only assume at this point that you are not a certified technician, so to answer your question of whether changing the passcode on the phone will affect daily operations the answer would be no for the everyday user that doesn't do anything "fancy" with their phone.

As for the passcode being different than the VM password the answer is yes they are completely different due to the fact that not all systems use the built-in voicemail system.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10