Author Topic: Trying to unravel predecessor's doings  (Read 2759 times)

Offline jackpod

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Trying to unravel predecessor's doings
« on: March 09, 2010, 06:44:50 PM »
I have a remote campus in rural northern arizona (Page, Arizona) The campus is small and I have an SX200 and 1 peripheral node and 19 desksets. The incoming lines are 5 POTS lines into a LS/GS card. I only took over the telephony last July and it came to my attention that the Page campus has never had Caller ID in the 20 years it has been in existence. I have the SX200 talking to my home campus via 4 IP Trunks over my 1.5mb mpls. They were using a very old version of CallXpress (version 3 running on OS2) With my implementation of a 3300 at my home campus and moving to Exchange UM, is what brought the lack of Caller ID to my attention because all voicemail and missed call notifications come to Outlook as anonymous caller. This is causing issues since occasionally a VM is lost because if a deskset is called, and not answered it is forwarded to a speed dial which routes it 130 miles to the exchange server here at the home campus (Flagstaff), then sent as an email with VM wmv file back to the exchange server in Page. With all calls showing as anonymous caller, the staff at page has no way to know who tried to call them.

Now that the background is laid out, what could be causing lack of caller ID? have there been more than one version of LS/GS cards for the SX200 or a firmware upgrade that supports CID? I might point out that before I moved to IP Trunking, we had E&M tie lines and 4 digit dialing between campus's did not have CID, now with IP Trunking 4 digit dialing displays CID just fine. I had someone at the Page campus call me from the outside and CID came thru just fine, which would make one assume that the pots lines do have the CID service.

Any ideas, suggestions are welcome.

Keep in mind that Page Arizona is extremely rural, I was lucky to obtain a pair of wires for the MPLS, service is minimal

Thanks!

Jack

yprades

Re: Trying to unravel predecessor's doings
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:24:17 PM »
You must have a CLASS LS/GS Card to get the CID from you PSTN

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10