Author Topic: A PEC-1 going bad? (Symptoms)  (Read 1687 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A PEC-1 going bad? (Symptoms)
« on: May 06, 2015, 03:03:46 PM »
Hello fellow Mitel techs,
We have a customer that has an HX controller (CP Ver. 6.0.9.61) and has been having some "Call Quality issues" as of recently. Things like one-way audio (External party loses audio), calls sounding distorted like under water, etc. It was suggested to me that one possibility would be if the PEC-1 card may be going bad. Are there any type of reports on a PEC-1 card possibly going bad? I'm still trying to ascertain if our customer has these types of issues from an internal standpoint, intercom calling or voicemail calling. But just curious if anyone has experience with bad/faulty PEC-1 cards.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A PEC-1 going bad? (Symptoms)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 06:16:33 PM »
Irongladiator,

Let me just say that a PEC-1 would not be my first or second choice, if at all, to look at when observing these problems. You may just need to do some digging and find out when and how often these issues occur.

1. Do they happen with Internal and External calls or just one or the other?
2. What type of trunking do they have?
3. Do they have any other issues that would point to a hardware failure of the Processor Card or PS-1; not really a PEC-1 type of an issue since it does no processing of its own.

Thanks,

TE

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A PEC-1 going bad? (Symptoms)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 03:35:02 PM »
I've only had one bad Expansion Card, ever. It was bad out of box, and the symptom was one way audio once the quantity of VoIP users required the EXP card to be used.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10