Author Topic: Adding a CT Gateway  (Read 6958 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Adding a CT Gateway
« on: May 05, 2015, 02:35:03 PM »
I have a 5000 v6 that is running MiCollab clients on a MAS, about 80 users.
We are in the process of adding a second office with its own 5000 and they are going to use MiCollab clients on the existing MAS

My understanding is this setup require a CT Gateway which I have some experiencing with however I have never added it to a production system.  Can anyone provide some guidance as to how best to tackle this and what, if any, interruptions in service the existing site may encounter?

Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a CT Gateway
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 12:40:58 PM »
Hershel,

What is the reasoning for the CT Gateway, do you have multiple applications trying to reach either one the the systems?

The MiCollab Client has the ability to talk to each system on its own so it is not needed for that part.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 07:20:40 PM »
TE,

I am under the impression that I need the CT Gateway because I have two 5000 nodes that want to connect to the one MiCollab Client Server (on MAS).  Are you saying that I don't need the CT Gateway?  That I can get the existing MiCollab server to sync up with both 5000 nodes AND have user on both nodes use MiCollab desktop clients?

This would be great since it eliminates a bunch of the complexity... do you have documentation on how it is done?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:37:29 PM »
Hershel,

Yes, It works just fine without a CT Gateway. The problem you would have had would be getting the CT Gateway to sync with the MiCollab Client Server. I even had one of the MiCollab Client Engineers try to sync it and that is when he asked me why I even needed it; and my reply was that it was in the documentation that it was needed. To that end I got it working just fine on a 14 node system with MiCollab Mobile application without a hitch once I got rid of trying to get the CT Gateway syncing up. We did of course have the CT Gateway for other reasons, but we didn't need it for the MiCollab Client portion.

As far as documentation goes, that would be in my head, and scribbles within notes. Although you can do it with just the original documentation and be just fine, it will just take a couple more minutes to get it working due to all the reading you would have to do.

Basically, as you probably already know, you can't use the Users and Services portion when tying into the MiCollab Client portion so you have to do all of that manually. When setting it up manually you can add each node separately and tell it to sync. The problem will be that if you don't set up the 5000 correctly and use the checkbox to only look at the Users section then you will pull in all of the extension in the system; which isn't a problem except that after so many accounts there are lags in doing updates on statuses for those people who are not in your favorites contact list of the client.

If you need more guidance I can write something up for you and email it or I may have it posted on this site's document center.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 09:45:33 AM »
Do you use the PC based Attendant Console? If so, the CT Gateway may be to allow the console to see phones at both locations, it could have nothing to do with the MiCollab Client server...

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »
Do you use the PC based Attendant Console? If so, the CT Gateway may be to allow the console to see phones at both locations, it could have nothing to do with the MiCollab Client server...

They will be using the MiCollab Console, not sure if that is what you mean or if you a referring to Mitel Attendant Console [550.5312 or 550.5310]

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 05:16:16 PM »
I installed a CT gateway with a two node 5000 setup.(because the documentation stated you needed it with multiple 5000s)
Nice to know that it is not required... don't have to find a windows server to install it on and one less piece of equipment to fail/upgrade.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 09:30:24 AM »

They will be using the MiCollab Console, not sure if that is what you mean or if you a referring to Mitel Attendant Console [550.5312 or 550.5310]
Yes, I was referring to the Mitel 5000 attendant consoles you mentioned, not the MiCollab Client Attendant Console (which is a POS in my opinion)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 09:39:47 AM »
I installed a CT gateway with a two node 5000 setup.(because the documentation stated you needed it with multiple 5000s)
Nice to know that it is not required... don't have to find a windows server to install it on and one less piece of equipment to fail/upgrade.
CT Gateway is not required for multiple node setups unless an application requires it (such as Attendant Console).

I have never had an issue with CT Gateway, a Windows Server is not required, as of 5.0 it will work fine on just about any PC running Win7 or Win8, and optionally on Win Server 2008 or 2012 as an additional application (a dedicated server would not be needed in almost any scenario I can see), but it is too bad this can't run as an MSL blade.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 11:02:54 AM »

Yes, I was referring to the Mitel 5000 attendant consoles you mentioned, not the MiCollab Client Attendant Console (which is a POS in my opinion)

I would to hear your reasoning and the advantages with the attendant console.  My background was 8+ years with the 3300/MCD product line before taking on the 5000.  Our sales team knows the MiCollab product and therefore we have never explored the PC attendant on the 5000.  Would love to know what I am missing.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 12:46:33 PM »

I would to hear your reasoning and the advantages with the attendant console.  My background was 8+ years with the 3300/MCD product line before taking on the 5000.  Our sales team knows the MiCollab product and therefore we have never explored the PC attendant on the 5000.  Would love to know what I am missing.
My experience on this comes from about 10 customers we have had with MiCollab/UCA consoles over the last 5-7 years, and the feedback we have received from them... as of now, only one customer still uses it because they found it cludgy, slow, and difficult to use, especially when there are multiple users who answer calls at the same desk (different users/same desk) because the Console license is MiCollab user based, not computer/hardware based like the 5000 console. All of our 5000 customers who had have either just stopped using it, or a few have gone to the PC Attendant console and they love it.

Due to our past history with the UCA/MiCollab console, we no longer even offer this product (the console portion) as an option for customers.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 02:59:31 PM »
Hershel,

I will have to agree with Acejavelin on this one, although I don't think the MiCollab Console is a POS it is lacking in the features and functionality when compared to the Attendant Console on the 5000. The main reason for this, in my opinion, is that the Attendant Console software was designed by Inter-Tel to work specifically with the Axxess and 5000 platforms where the MiCollab Client was not.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 08:00:38 PM »
Thanks I really appreciate the feedback. I will have to take a first hand look at the pc attendant as it might be something we really need to ad to our product offerings.

While speaking about product offerings has either of you had many requests for a smart app that ties into the 5000?

Again coming from an MCD background I really miss UCA mobile and the ability to change my twinning (dee) settings with a touch of a finger.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 06:43:47 PM »
Hershel,

UCA Mobile is now MiCollab Client Mobile and it does work with the 5000 to allow you to change your status via a smart phone application and it also allows you to make calls through the phone system as well.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »
Sorry I should have been more specific.

I am aware of the micollab mobile client and have several deployments using it. I was wondering if anyone developed anything that integrates with the Web portal to provide this functionality.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10