Author Topic: Phybridge/Streamline impressions  (Read 2315 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Phybridge/Streamline impressions
« on: May 05, 2015, 02:29:15 PM »
To any of you using Phybridge/Streamline for the Mitel 5000, Mitel 3300, or any other IP phone product, can you give me your impression of the product? Is it reliable, dependable, and free of issues or do you have problems failures on a regular basis? If you had issues, how difficult were they to address to an acceptable solution?

The reason I ask is some of our management team are questioning the reliability and "enterprise-grade" dependability of this product over the long haul... I may be linking this discussion back to them for your input. :)

BTW, I have no issues with this product... I have deployed small installations of this with Mitel and Polycom phones with no issues, I have no question about the viability of this product.

(I am aware this is a duplicate thread, if you answer in one you do not need to answer in the other one(s)... I am just trying to get as much input as possible)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:47:44 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Phybridge/Streamline impressions
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 01:06:17 PM »
Acejavelin,

I have installed a few of the streamline 8-port and 24-port units on a 5000 and although they were simple to deploy I did not like the fact that if one port went down you would have to replace the entire unit. The solution here is not to fill a unit to capacity or notify the customer that there may be downtime for multiple phones during the change out.

The only other issue I has run into was when customers installed long base cords and then the phone wouldn't come up due to loss of signal transmission, basically you need a good category 3 cable plant and any more than a 25' base cord may cause connection issues at some locations. The solution here is to only use a small base cord, like the ones that came with the old Inter-tel phones for wall mounting, from the wall jack to the dongle and then use a long patch cord from the dongle to the phone.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 04:09:57 PM »
Thanks for your insight!

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 03:38:59 PM »
I have mixed feelings for this product. Great solution to get VoIP in a CAT 3 cabled site, but I've to replace a 24P and a 48P due to one or two ports dying. Having to replace dongles now and then as well. Latest software build seems to have helped stability.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 04:07:05 PM »
619Tech,

Yeah those dongles do run a little on the warm side and since they only use passive cooling then I can see them having a short lifespan, especially in areas where it can not be easily cooled down due to surrounding temperatures being high.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10